The last Barn. (maybe)

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #231  
Now that the outside is completely done it's time to get the inside how I want it.
I needed a place to store firewood and a heated place for the tractor. Plan is to foam insulate the tractor area and I'll just use a 6' electric base board to heat it. I only want 40-50 degrees to ensure I don't have fuel/starting problems in the winter.
I'm waiting for it to warm up so I can continue the electrical work. I have most of the plugs done and some lights but still need more. Also a nice work bench where the blue barrels and plywood are.
Worth noting that currently the building has only a heavy duty extension cord plugged in on the back patio of the house running through the conduit into the panel in the barn. I'll run permanent power this summer after I get the hay shed done.
View attachment 735493View attachment 735494View attachment 735495View attachment 735496View attachment 735497

Here is a short video of our barn build. Credit to my son Jordan for doing it.

Awesome video! The way Y'all installed the trusses blows my mind.
hugs, Brandi

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Awesome video! The way Y'all installed the trusses blows my mind.
hugs, Brandi
Brandi,
If you go to YouTube there is also a follow up video of some footage missed in the one you posted here. Just search for "massive barn build"

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #233  
Brandi,
If you go to YouTube there is also a follow up video of some footage missed in the one you posted here. Just search for "massive barn build"
Cool! Thanks Lynn.
hugs, Brandi

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #234  
Do you have a close up photo of the tractor moving the poles? I am interested how you hooked and unhooked the poles.

I am leveling the pad now, for a 40x80 sawmill shed. My last barn, I wrapped a chain around the pole to put it in the hole, but it was slow. Seems lot faster with your guy on the forks with the pole.

What baffles my mind is no bracing on the poles at all while setting them.
hugs, Brandi

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
This is the set up I used. (in Utah) Although this picture shows a 48" spear. The one on the barn I just built I had on a 36" spear. It did not work right that's why you see the platform on at first then my son was standing on the pallet forks. I was too lazy to change the spears but in hindsight it would have saved us time to just change the spears.

20150905_132726_Original.jpg
20150905_180835_Original.jpg

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #236  
A great build thread . . . until I saw the confederate flag. Hard to understand anyone supporting a cause long understood to be antithetical to our country.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #237  
A great build thread . . . until I saw the confederate flag. Hard to understand anyone supporting a cause long understood to be antithetical to our country.

Meh…I was mad at my wife for hanging a giant confederate flag on the clothesline. Turns out, it was just a white bed sheet.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #238  
I don't fly a confederate flag. I respect anyone that chooses to do so. Proud to live in a country where you can. Even though the gov wants them all taken down.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Here's my take on the Confederate flag.

I lived in South Carolina and Georgia about 40 years ago. (loved it) The flag for me represents "southern pride" nothing more, nothing less.