The last Barn. (maybe)

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #221  
18 FULL cords, or face?

WHenever I have an extended splitting session with my own splitter, I always grab up the larger chunks of real wood for kindling. It makes excellent fire starting kindling. I leave the bark and dust, and scoop that up for compost mixing. I guess you have all pine that will rot fairly quickly, but if you split hardwoods, the wood splinters will be around for a while.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
18 FULL cords, or face?

WHenever I have an extended splitting session with my own splitter, I always grab up the larger chunks of real wood for kindling. It makes excellent fire starting kindling. I leave the bark and dust, and scoop that up for compost mixing. I guess you have all pine that will rot fairly quickly, but if you split hardwoods, the wood splinters will be around for a while.
I just did some rough math and I think it's more like 16 full cords.

As far as all the debris left over, we are doing the same as you mentioned. Have a good sized box of kindling wood now and 2-55 gallon drums and a 50 gallon water trough full of compost material.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #223  
The stuff in the drums is bark, pieces of wood dirt whatever we swept off the floor. We are going to use it in the raised beds of our greenhouse.

deezler;
I'm guessing about 18 cords of wood.
Down here in Texas, we can't put any pine wood left overs around the home....Termites.

Your split stacked wood looks good. I'm betting your back/shoulders/feet are glad it is done.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Check out these icebergs hanging off my barn. Fear got the best of me and I started cleaning off the roof.
There were places it was almost 5' deep.

IMG_1554.JPG

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #227  
Can you drive your snow mobile from your home to where you're riding or do you have to trailer them there?

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #229  
Looks like you are having a ball been a long time since we went sledding

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #230  
That is amazing. Makes me want to estimate the weight of that big chunk of snow on top. Wonder what the recommended "load rating per sq ft." is recommended there. It would make me nervous about it also.
Nice pictures. Makes me think of Ski Idaho.