The last Barn. (maybe)

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
His floor is 6,720 square feet. Poured 5" deep is 102 cubic yards of concrete. If it's $120 p/yard the concrete alone is $12,240.

So if he paid $24,000 he did good. That would be $3.57 per square foot. That's actually not bad at all.
FYI,
my total concrete cost was $28,700 and the rebar was not included in that figure. Things are very expensive right now. I debated on waiting until this year but there's no reason to believe anything will be any cheaper. Also my finish guy only charged $1 buck a square foot to finish which is very cheap. Concrete was 200 bucks a yard if I remember right.
I'm still glad I got it done and have NO regrets.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #102  
Concrete was $185 a yard a week ago in my area. I'm guessing that it's going to increase like everything else has in the last 14 months.

#3 rebar in 20 foot sticks is $6.78 right now.

I have five bids for finish work, and the best two are $1,800 with the highest being $2,400 for 1,620 square feet, or $1.11 a square foot. They all said that they where giving me their rate for a day's labor for the crew and equipment. I'm setting all my forms and tying all my rebar.

Idaho prices seem pretty close to East Texas prices right now.

Last edited:
   / The last Barn. (maybe)
Concrete was $185 a yard a week ago in my area. I'm guessing that it's going to increase like everything else has in the last 14 months.
I was told on our last pour that concrete was going up 15 bucks a yard January 1st. One other reason I pushed to get it all done last year.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #104  
His floor is 6,720 square feet. Poured 5" deep is 102 cubic yards of concrete. If it's $120 p/yard the concrete alone is $12,240.

So if he paid $24,000 he did good. That would be $3.57 per square foot. That's actually not bad at all.
Yep, I was thinking concrete was more in the line of $100 a yard. I drove a mixer truck for many years and it was $80 a yard. I hate inflation. Seems I am always wrong on prices the last year or so. I bought some lumber yesterday for a project. What did I learn? I learned that 2 x 6 x 8' treated lumber is now worth $23-$25. EACH. That was after shopping 3 stores. I would have never guessed that either.

Wasn't long ago that was what I would expect to pay for composite lumber.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Yep, I was thinking concrete was more in the line of $100 a yard. I drove a mixer truck for many years and it was $80 a yard. I hate inflation. Seems I am always wrong on prices the last year or so. I bought some lumber yesterday for a project. What did I learn? I learned that 2 x 6 x 8' treated lumber is now worth $23-$25. EACH. That was after shopping 3 stores. I would have never guessed that either.

Wasn't long ago that was what I would expect to pay for composite lumber.
Ya, the price of things suck. This barn cost me at least 50 grand more than it should have
Sure glad we're "building back better". :mad:

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #106  
Holy moly... Concrete is more than expensive. I'm glad I built my shed 8 years ago. We bought around 115 yards of the stuff and paid someone to do all the work.

I doubt if we will ever finish the last 150 ft. of the driveway at these prices.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #107  
Holy moly... Concrete is more than expensive. I'm glad I built my shed 8 years ago. We bought around 115 yards of the stuff and paid someone to do all the work.

I doubt if we will ever finish the last 150 ft. of the driveway at these prices.
I've been putting off a garage addition and pole barn improvements for 2 years now hoping things settle down, but at the rate things are 'building back better', it looks like it's never gonna happen.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #108  
Those panels really do let in a lot of light!!! I'm torn between doing something similar, and wanting to max out the insulation I put in the building, when I build mine. I love the look of your building too.

I did a similar thing on my old pole barn. The top 2' of the side walls are translucent white panels. It lets in lots of light. If I ever build another barn, I'll do the same thing again.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #109  
FYI,
my total concrete cost was $28,700 and the rebar was not included in that figure. Things are very expensive right now. I debated on waiting until this year but there's no reason to believe anything will be any cheaper. Also my finish guy only charged $1 buck a square foot to finish which is very cheap. Concrete was 200 bucks a yard if I remember right.
I'm still glad I got it done and have NO regrets.
Absolutely. Move forward and try to not look back. Trying to convince my Son of this. The only way it's going to get cheaper is if we "reset". If we do, it won't matter what the cost is because we won't have any money.....