Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer #111  
Gee
You mean just like the CUT and SCUT models many members use that do just what they want and need that you continually call weinie tractors
I have the perfect size tractor for anything I need to do on my property.
To me, his tractors are weenie tractors. lol

/ Kubota or John Deer #112  
A 90 HP utility tractor can be used for haying but most people doing very much of it start with a tractor of around 130 HP and can go up to 250-300 HP if they are running a triple disc mower. It would be too small to run a Discbine or a silage baler, and a lot too small to run a larger disc mower setup or a large square baler. You also aren't likely to be able to keep up with the cool kids running 10 MPH with a 10' 3 point disc mower in decent hay with only 90 HP either.

I was also wondering how long people would keep misspelling "weenie."

iu
Don't include me.....that's why I put it in apostrophes spelled that way.
I have a grade 8 edumacation. LOL

/ Kubota or John Deer
Well run into my frist little problem. So far I have logged 22 hours on my new ride and yesterday light's started flashing and at first I didn't know what was about to happen. Seems like it had a fur ball and needed a flushing. I stopped and pulled it up onto the concrete set the parking break and pushed the regen button. after a second or two the rpm's came up to around 1400 rpms and I let it sit and run hoping it would do it's thing but after a hour I said the heck with it and went into the house. this morning I called my salesman to hoping I could get some insight and right off the bat he told me the problem was that I was babying it too much and needed to always run the tractor up into the pto range. I said that's all and good but what do I do about all these flashing lights. He asked if I had read the owners manual and I told him, well a little. I looked over the part about the regen process and I did what I thought was what it said to do. This afternoon I started it back up and the lights were still flashing so I pulled it back up onto the cement pad and started all over. The same thing, hit the button, rpms came up and it sit there for over an hour, buy the hour meter I might add and nothing. I said what the hell, I opened her up WFO and it sit there another 45 minutes with the same results. I've been around tractors all my life and this is new to me. Anyone have any suggestions other than take it back to the dealer.

/ Kubota or John Deer #114  
Run it hot. Even when you're just messing around, doing loader work, you run it hot. These new machines have to be run at a high RPM or the foolish DPF system excretes a brick.

/ Kubota or John Deer #115  
OP, if the salesman isn’t offering much assistance, call the service department. They should be able to walk you through the process to get the lights off the dash and the tractor running properly.

Mike

/ Kubota or John Deer #116  
I'm an old fart (73) and I use spell check before I post anything. I'm a terrible speller as well.
spell check will not catch Deere in place of Deer, lol old fart as here as well

/ Kubota or John Deer #117  
Well run into my frist little problem. So far I have logged 22 hours on my new ride and yesterday light's started flashing and at first I didn't know what was about to happen. Seems like it had a fur ball and needed a flushing. I stopped and pulled it up onto the concrete set the parking break and pushed the regen button. after a second or two the rpm's came up to around 1400 rpms and I let it sit and run hoping it would do it's thing but after a hour I said the heck with it and went into the house. this morning I called my salesman to hoping I could get some insight and right off the bat he told me the problem was that I was babying it too much and needed to always run the tractor up into the pto range. I said that's all and good but what do I do about all these flashing lights. He asked if I had read the owners manual and I told him, well a little. I looked over the part about the regen process and I did what I thought was what it said to do. This afternoon I started it back up and the lights were still flashing so I pulled it back up onto the cement pad and started all over. The same thing, hit the button, rpms came up and it sit there for over an hour, buy the hour meter I might add and nothing. I said what the hell, I opened her up WFO and it sit there another 45 minutes with the same results. I've been around tractors all my life and this is new to me. Anyone have any suggestions other than take it back to the dealer.
Personally, I'd be taking your last suggestion. Good for trying it out, but if it doesn't work for you then return it and go find an older, more user-friendly machine. Running an engine flat out so that it pleases someone else isn't on my agenda.

I enjoy running our quiet tractors. Having them is a enjoyable luxury - not a requirement. Working on our land with the tractor purring at an idle is part of what we enjoy about a rural lifestyle.

Running a machine screaming at PTO rpm all the time is not something that I have any interest in supporting. It is expensive, annoying, and inefficient. Manufacturers and engineers who want our business should get off their duffs and quit being lazy.
rScotty

/ Kubota or John Deer #118  
I looked at those two brands, and ended up with a Kioti.

Deere dealer had a take it or leave it attitude. Kubota had an old fashioned, uncomfortable treadle pedal for hst controls, an uncomfortable loader joystick, and seemed to have a larg, uncomfortable transmission hump.

Kioti was an unknown to me at the time, but had a dealer I quickly became comfortable with, a good price, and was conveniently located.

My tractor is several years old now, with no problems.

/ Kubota or John Deer #119  
The name badge on the tractor makes no difference to me, i`m not suckin up to any brand. Tractors are like wimmins, they all have their issues and drama.
What is important to me, is dealer support. If the dealer sucks, so won`t a broken tractor that you can`t get parts for, or good tech`s to fix it right, the first time.

The scary part is, seeing all the turn-over of employees within a dealership. May want to talk to a few that actually work on the tractors in these shops too.
My thought process is, who is going to know more about the tractor than those who actually have to "work" on them. They could tell you alot about problems they see.
Ask them how long they`ve worked on the brand, years experience, actually hands on repairs. I bought a Kubota this time around, and ZERO problems or regrets.

Look around in the repair area. Is it kept clean. Is their a young kid with a brand new shiny toolbox that is still wet behind the ears?
Lots of things to consider other than just the brand name of a tractor. Sometimes, we get what we pay for.

Last edited:
   / Kubota or John Deer #120  
I only have a hobby farm with about 6.5 acres.
Came from a much larger fruit farm so I still have two Masseys. High hour one has about 800 on the clock.
I was looking at updating the herd recently even though nothing is wrong with the current ones.
Just an itch for something new.
First the prices have gone crazy.
Secondly I don't want to deal with all the new emission controls bullcrap.
For a machine regularily exposed to heat, dust, dirt, electronics are not their friends.
I'll hang on to my old boys, they only get about 70 hours annually combined, and pollute the planet for future generations.
How you are reducing pollution by adding fluids and running them at hi rpms while it stands there doing nothing boggles my mind.