Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer #1  

mx842

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301, PowerKing 2414, John Deere 316, Gravely ZT HD 52
I'm thinking about buying a new tractor in the 25 to 30 thousand dollar price range. Would like something in the 30 to 35hp range. Witch one is the best bang for the buck?

/ Kubota or John Deer #3  
Kubota vs. Deere? That reminds me of when North Carolina plays Duke in basketball. Can they both lose?? Lol.

Shop around and find a great compact tractor with a great dealer to help you. Don't get hung up on those two (over-rated) brands. You'll find that other brands offer more tractor for less $$$. With the money you save you can buy implements and attachments.

/ Kubota or John Deer #4  
Both are good tractors, but they are also the most expensive. When I bought my 70HP tractor last year, I went with Massey Ferguson because I got a lot more for my money. If I was looking at something in your HP range, I would put Yanmar at the top of my list.

/ Kubota or John Deer #5  
Remember anything over 25 HP is going to have the pollution controls.
Lots of choices within these two in,frame size,loader capacity,number of cylinders,weight.
Availability is another concern.

/ Kubota or John Deer #6  
New or pre-owned?

I’m hoping pre-owned. $25-$30K doesn’t get you very far with those two brands.

If new, with that budget, I’d probably be looking at Branson tractors.

Mike

/ Kubota or John Deer #7  
Kubota vs. Deere? That reminds me of when North Carolina plays Duke in basketball. Can they both lose?? Lol.

Shop around and find a great compact tractor with a great dealer to help you. Don't get hung up on those two (over-rated) brands. You'll find that other brands offer more tractor for less $$$. With the money you save you can buy implements and attachments.
IDK, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the OP asked that question because like many areas, those are the only two dealer brand options. For example, where I live there are only those two options and a Mahindra dealer. I scratched the Mahindra brand, not because of quality but because the “dealer “ mostly sells implements and has a few tractors as a sideline. Of course no service facilities. Other brand options are hundreds of miles away.

/ Kubota or John Deer #8  
I'm thinking about buying a new tractor in the 25 to 30 thousand dollar price range. Would like something in the 30 to 35hp range. Witch one is the best bang for the buck?

Start with looking at all tractor dealers within say 100 miles of you. Then put together a list of tasks you want to perform with your machine. Start with the immediate needs, then try and write down longer term uses.

When you have your task list, it will help narrow the specs you will need to accomplish them. Then you can go getting quotes.

Lots of good brands out there. LS, TYM, Kioti, Massey, Mahindra, Deere, Kubota, others.
Just pricing a Kubota L3302 for instance with a FEL is $31k on the Kubota website. Prices are really high right now, bad time to buy, but if you need it you need it.

/ Kubota or John Deer #9  
New or pre-owned?

I’m hoping pre-owned. $25-$30K doesn’t get you very far with those two brands.

If new, with that budget, I’d probably be looking at Branson tractors.

Mike

Branson as a brand is being phased out. They will now be TYM. Same mfg plants making them. TYM will eventually build their version, or the old Branson version.

/ Kubota or John Deer #10  
Both are good tractors, but they are also the most expensive. When I bought my 70HP tractor last year, I went with Massey Ferguson because I got a lot more for my money. If I was looking at something in your HP range, I would put Yanmar at the top of my list.

TYM is now going to be making some of the Yanmar tractors. If OP is looking in that spec range probably better to just get a TYM.