Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer #61  
I don't 'love' any tractor, never have. To me, a tractor is a tool and a tool only. Love my wife and my dog but never a machine like a tractor or a car or whatever.

/ Kubota or John Deer #63  
I don't 'love' any tractor, never have. To me, a tractor is a tool and a tool only. Love my wife and my dog but never a machine like a tractor or a car or whatever.
It is a figure of speech. The point being that I went through 3 units and finally found my huckleberry. The 3560 just checks all of the boxes for my use case and the LA805 loader is a big part of it. Heck, I didn't even even modify the loader relief valve pressure on this thing. She is doing what I ask of her just the way they put her together. It is a nice machine to have around.

/ Kubota or John Deer #64  
I love my L3560. If you found a used one, I would strongly suggest that you go at least look at and touch it. The stability is so much better than my B2650 I had. The B2650 could get tippy on side slopes while my L3560 (both with loaded tires) has been on such a side slope with the brush hog that I slid sideways down a hill and never lifted. I had the rears at the widest position on both. I also had a BX for a VERY short while and hated it. It was so tippy that it was just unsafe to use. Everything I did was in pucker-mode. The L3560 is a great machine and stability platform for it's size.

This is a Norstar Single Wheel Long Bed that is advertised as 1070 lbs, you can clearly see that it is far out front of my bucket.
View attachment 787585
You can dang near see light under those rears.

/ Kubota or John Deer #65  
With that level of engine modification, I think that Kubota would declare the engine warranty to be void.
Kubota is extremely touchy about any and all modifications to the drivetrain and engine, but then all brands are. Why buy a diminutive unit in the first place. Buy a unit that fits your needs and don't modify it at all. Never understood that philosophy at all. That of course applies to all brands.

My take is, buy bigger and don't fiddle with it.

/ Kubota or John Deer #66  
That's good to know. What would a kit like that cost and what does that do to a warranty?
The L2501 Turbo kit is expected to run just under $3K, which gives you a savings of roughly $2K on an L3901 and $4K on an L3902.

The installation of the Turbo kit will void your Kubota warranty. That’s the compromise.

Mike

/ Kubota or John Deer #67  
Kubota is extremely touchy about any and all modifications to the drivetrain and engine, but then all brands are. Why buy a diminutive unit in the first place. Buy a unit that fits your needs and don't modify it at all. Never understood that philosophy at all. That of course applies to all brands.

My take is, buy bigger and don't fiddle with it.
We modify because we don’t want to deal with complex and complicated electronic engine controls and emissions equipment. We modify something so we don’t have to buy more tractor than we need.

Mike

/ Kubota or John Deer #68  
I always buy 'more' tractor than I need and then grow into it and find out after a fashion that what I thought was big enough is too small. Far as I'm concerned, there is no replacement for displacement or power. I don't do weinie tractors here.

/ Kubota or John Deer #69  
Ask your Jane Dear dealer. Map closest dealers or parts suppliers. Consider proximity. Driving 3 hours for an air filter isn't a good use of time nor $. Stay a way from cheap parts imitation providers.
Most parts can be ordered from the dealer. No tractor mfg makes their own oil so as long as the oil and fluids meet minimum specs called out in the owners manual it won't matter where you buy the fluids.

/ Kubota or John Deer #70  
I always buy 'more' tractor than I need and then grow into it and find out after a fashion that what I thought was big enough is too small. Far as I'm concerned, there is no replacement for displacement or power. I don't do weinie tractors here.
You're not alone. And I don't fault anyone for buying more tractor than they need. There are situations where an individual doesn't want, or need more tractor and the Turbo kit is an alternative for those folks, especially when they don't want to deal with emissions or purchasing an older tractor without emissions equipment. Heck, and most of those 'larger' tractors are turbocharged too!

Mike