trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools #631  
Yesterdays clearing project: Unearthing an energy dissipator. This thing had vines and leaves piled up to the top. HOA is finally getting its’ act together and cleaning it. The large sycamore tree was left to grow for 35 years before someone decided it was a problem 🤣

Many of these HOA’s are too cheap to schedule preventative maintenance. Now it’ll cost $1,000 + to remove the trees.
The silt is still frozen to the concrete. Hope to get that out today with rising temps.

1672408047745.jpeg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #632  
Got contracts to clean them all annually. It’s pretty easy and steady, somewhat guaranteed income to keep us busy in the “off season”.

1672408340199.jpeg

1672408371188.jpeg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #633  
did some chain saw work yesterday, too

1672490348514.jpeg

/ trail clearing technique and tools
I'd sure like to keep this thread on trail clearing techniques and its tools.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #635  
I'd sure like to keep this thread on trail clearing techniques and its tools.
Oh boy, sure.
Like chainsawing trees and clearing ditches with the very same tools isn't related?

/ trail clearing technique and tools #637  
   / trail clearing technique and tools #639  
But that is still a trail clearing tool.

Bruce
Correct! (y)

Last time I checked a Makita chain saw and a Stihl Kombi pole saw were trail clearing tools. :)

Now I was NOT clearing a stand alone trail, I was clearing a concrete energy dissipator, but I did clear a trail to it. :)

But I don’t think that counts???? 🤷‍♂️

/ trail clearing technique and tools #640  
I just stopped to snap a pic. for this thread actually, but it’s off topic, so I’m outta here!
Looked like to me you were going to show how to clear a trail and cope with inevitable problems the average person would likely encounter.