Traction Technique?

/ Traction Technique? #31  
I have a set of V-Bar chains for my truck. Like driving over a Cordroy road (sp?). I would say if you are on a dirt road or an area where the snow does not melt for several months go with V-Bar. Otherwise normal chains work fine. A half mile concrete driveway gotta cost $1,500,000. + labour. If I had that kind of money I'd buy a skid steer on rubber tracks to do the driveway.

/ Traction Technique? #32  
A half mile concrete driveway gotta cost $1,500,000. + labour.

Not quite that much... but it is a lot. I will do the work myself to save as much as I can.

The main reason I need the chains is to get through my snowy pasture to get round bales to the animals.

/ Traction Technique? #33  
I have a set of v-bars that I rarely use and have not needed since I grooved the tires. I used to need them in any heavy wet snow. they did put little chips in my 4000 psi concrete floor and did noticably scratch up any driveway that I spun on (which was just about every driveway I plowed). They do help traction a lot on gravel but chains spin on asphalt fairly easily. There is one manufacturer who actually sells rubber "chains". You can probably find it on the web.

/ Traction Technique? #34  
gladehound said:
I have a set of v-bars that I rarely use and have not needed since I grooved the tires.

I have not heard of grooving tires. Can you explain how this is done... Maybe some pictures?

Thanks

/ Traction Technique? #35  
Will be using my tractor on dirt, gravel, so V-bar chains would be the way too go for me, will put down a couple sheets of plywood on the cement floor in the barn to avoid messing up the concrete.

BY