Traction Technique?

/ Traction Technique? #11  
If we read the operators manual of most cars or trucks with an auto tranny it states how to get the most traction. It often refers from a stand still but continues with some speed.
I've found it is good advice and although not usually mentioned it works just as well in mud and sand.

/ Traction Technique? #12  
If we read the operators manual of most cars or trucks with an auto tranny it states how to get the most traction. It often refers from a stand still but continues with some speed.
I've found it is good advice and although not usually mentioned it works just as well in mud and sand.
:confused::confused2::confused::confused2:

/ Traction Technique? #13  
sure will, so long as I'm able to get the chains to stay on...I guess I'll look cool one way or another.

You'll want the chains as tight as you can get 'em. Use tensioners or bungees to keep them tight.

/ Traction Technique? #14  
When I need traction I rock my body forward and back, forward and back... This makes me feel like im helping, but I am pretty sure it doesnt help with the traction.. LOL

brian

/ Traction Technique? #15  
One thing I didn't see mentioned is that chains give great traction but on pavement, they tend to scratch it up. I don't know if you got pavement or not but if you do I am just warning you.

/ Traction Technique? #16  
When I need traction I rock my body forward and back, forward and back... This makes me feel like im helping, but I am pretty sure it doesnt help with the traction.. LOL

brian

Every little bit helps...

/ Traction Technique? #17  
I know that it likely is already too late since you have already bought your chains, but the diamond tread pattern chains ride smoother and tend to not scratch or scuff the pavement so much. There is a lot of debate about whether one needs chains on front and back, I would try back only and see how it does first. Using front chains can put some additional wear and tear on the front axle and will also tend to scuff pavement much more.

John M

/ Traction Technique?
4720 Update today using chains...Put chains on all 4 this morning first time i put chains on and first time I've experienced them as well. I took my time, and it took 1.5 hours to put them on, but once on, they stayed put used bungees too. omg!! it's like a new machine. I tried the hills where I had just spun out...went right up. after a while, i felt so confident with the chains, i plowed my stone trail with ups and downs. (trail leads to my shop where i keep the tractor, and pre-chains, I'd have to get my tractor to the house before the snow came or I would not be able to get it) heck...i ran out of things to plow, so I started plowing the lawn in a mowing pattern...chains make for much more usefulness in the snow.

I ordered some tensioners from TireChains.com - ordered the chains with the tractor so the dealer nicely fitted them. may be getting more snow mid week.

/ Traction Technique? #19  
4720 Update today using chains...Put chains on all 4 this morning first time i put chains on and first time I've experienced them as well. I took my time, and it took 1.5 hours to put them on, but once on, they stayed put used bungees too. omg!! it's like a new machine. I tried the hills where I had just spun out...went right up. after a while, i felt so confident with the chains, i plowed my stone trail with ups and downs. (trail leads to my shop where i keep the tractor, and pre-chains, I'd have to get my tractor to the house before the snow came or I would not be able to get it) heck...i ran out of things to plow, so I started plowing the lawn in a mowing pattern...chains make for much more usefulness in the snow.

I ordered some tensioners from TireChains.com - ordered the chains with the tractor so the dealer nicely fitted them. may be getting more snow mid week.

It is like getting a new tractor isn't it?
You might, if you haven't already want to read up on some of the post on front chains. Some of the guys talk about some of the do's and don'ts that make alot of sense. There seems to be just as many who think chains on the front are ok as not .Might save you a costly repair to the front end later down the road. Hope you get more snow to play around with.:thumbsup:

/ Traction Technique? #20  
Lol my neighbor put chains on his tractor but didn't tighten them enough and needless to say just a little driving and it took of one of his rear lights :laughing: