Stihl or Echo top handle saw?

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Looking for suggestions on used pro grade, or at least commercial (non-homeowner) top handle saws
I have Stihl & Echo dealers and would prefer to stick with them.
Not looking for brand warfare.
Anyone have actual model they have used a lot and really like?
Price is important here. I can’t spend $800 on new. Would like to find something under $400

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #3  
Another vote here for Echo. While not as low cost as it used to be the CS-2511 with aftermarket Egan straight pipe is a little beast.

Echo 2511 pipe

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #5  
I was looking at the Echo top handle saw a few days ago, seems like a decent little saw. I believe the price was about $500. Before any discount.
In my area Echo had a one day 15% off sale on April 12th.

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw?
Looks like new Echos used as homeowner get 5 year warranty

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #7  
In your price range new. Considered the pro range.

If wanting 8lb PHO size Echo 355T 35cc or Efco MTT 3600 36cc.

If wanting the smallest lightest Echo 2511 25cc

I wanted a 2511 but got a 150T on trade way back. Ended up selling to a tree guy for 350.

Stihl's just cost to much for their 150 151 201 now days.

s150afffff.jpg

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #8  
Found used Echo CS300 locally for $300
Thats old school ones. I used to sell those style for 75.

To much money for one of those. Get 355T if going full size echo

Came in grey and orange.

s150e340.jpg

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #10  
My last Stihl top handle Arborist saw set me back almost 700 bucks and then I ran it over with the bucket truck and it was junk. Wasn't about to buy another so I bought the Echo CS top handle and it's a dandy saw. I would not put the Egan pipe on it, worthless accessory and painfully loud plus you need to pull the limiter caps and retune it.

You can buy a non cat replacement muffler from Saw it Again for 35 bucks and remove the plastic overcover from in front of the carb throat and have all the grunt you need. Nice saws, lighter than a Stihl top handle and about 300 bucks cheaper with a 5 year homeowner warranty.

I'm basically done with Stihl. They are overpriced and still need a muf mod to run right. Besides, my Kubota dealer also sells Echo power products.