Snow Attachments snow blower tip speed

/ snow blower tip speed #1  

19rocky44

Tractor
cubcadet 782d
I am trying to mount one brand snow blower on another brand tractor. I think I have most things figured out except the RPM needed to turn the 14" impeller fast enough to get the tip speed required to throw snow a reasonable distance. All knowledgeable answers will be very much appreciated.
Roger

/ snow blower tip speed #2  
I am trying to mount one brand snow blower on another brand tractor. I think I have most things figured out except the RPM needed to turn the 14" impeller fast enough to get the tip speed required to throw snow a reasonable distance. All knowledgeable answers will be very much appreciated.
Roger

Are you talking about a single stage front mounted blower?

A blower driven by an electric clutch on the gas engine motor?

Typically, a blower manufacturer will make product for many tractor brands. The big difference between a New Holland and a Cub Cadet blower will be the paint color.

Gas tractor motors are limited to a few brands such as Kohler, Kawasaki. These motors are built to standards so should a new motor be needed, the mounting bolt holes, shaft size and length will also be following an industry standard.

Dave M7040

/ snow blower tip speed #3  
as far as i know, all rear mounted, 3 point pto blowers are designed for 540 RPM. thats standard pto speed. every blower ive ever used is run at that speed. even ones with no name plates on them.

/ snow blower tip speed #4  
Most rear mount pto driven blowers operate at 540 rpm. Smaller front mounts usually run 2000 rpm to a gearbox, reduces it to 540 impeller speed.

/ snow blower tip speed #5  
What brand and model snow blower? What brand and model tractor?
How many horse power is the tractor.

/ snow blower tip speed #6  
Yup. 540 on a PTO driven is standard.
On a snowblower it's all about the fan speed. The larger the fan diameter the better off you will be.

/ snow blower tip speed #7  
Are you saying the snowblower is NOT PTO driven?
That’s it’s not designed to run at 540 rpm input?

/ snow blower tip speed
Roger
The blower is a two stage that will be driven by a pto, drive shaft and thanks for your reply.

/ snow blower tip speed
My PTO is a 2 speed of 1100 or 2500 RPM. Sounds like I need to reduce my speed by 50%. Thanks for your reply.

/ snow blower tip speed
What brand and model snow blower? What brand and model tractor?
How many horse power is the tractor.

The snowblower is a old cub cadet 190-450 and the tractor is a f2400 kubota rated at 24 HP but not sure of the PTO rating. I also realize the blower is to narrow for the tractor so I will be reversing the rims to compensate for it this year hope this sounds like my bases are covered and thank you for your reply