Why we need a better three point hitch mounted single stage snow thrower.

/ Why we need a better three point hitch mounted single stage snow thrower. #11  
Well, I don't know about all that hoo-haww, but my 3 pt blower seems to work well enough.

20221117_194718.jpg

/ Why we need a better three point hitch mounted single stage snow thrower. #12  
A few years ago I finally bought a 3pt, 2 stage snowblower. Thinking it would solve many problems. In reality Ive spent far more time unclogging it then any production. I also have 3, single stage snowblowers on garden tractors that certainly can clog, but have been far more useful for the wet icy dense snow in my area. So theres merit to this post.

/ Why we need a better three point hitch mounted single stage snow thrower. #13  
Build your new snowblower design and demonstrate how great your idea is and the world will be your oyster. I'm still hoping for global warming. If I wait long enough I'll have ocean front property.

/ Why we need a better three point hitch mounted single stage snow thrower. #14  
I have a 1970s era Wheelhorse D250 tractor with a single stage snowblower that has an auger like the Riest Industries. It will throw a lot of snow, but if the snow is wet it is prone to clogging the chute. You can see the auger gets bent from hitting rocks and branches that got buried in the snow. I still have it but have not used it in a long time. I use my L39 with a front and back blade as it is much faster than the Wheelhorse.
WheelHorseSnowblower.jpg
D250.JPG

/ Why we need a better three point hitch mounted single stage snow thrower. #15  
I keep hoping that mk martin will use the original Reist single stage snow thrower designs, but I don't think that will happen.
if they used the Reist designs I would think that they would sell more of them as the smaller diameter snow blower
would reduce the purchase cost.

In my opinion; the 54 and 60 inch motorized mk martin meteor models are under powered as the snow blower rotor is much
too large and the honda gx390 engine is too small.

If the original Reist Series 1000 snow blower rotor was used in the design it would have plenty of torque and a very high
rotation speed increasing the casting distance at 750-900 RPM.

The opinions expressed by me in the above statements are mine and mine alone.
I would buy one of those snow blowers. When you see the video of the Reist blower blowing sand, makes me think that even slushiest wet snow can't be nearly as heavy as sand, and if it can do that, it will do anything.

We have an old John deere 140 with a 49? Single stage snowblower on it. It worked just ok. Saw another video of putting a rubber wipe on the paddles. So I cut up an old tire and bolted it on, what a difference. That thing now doesn't clog even on wettest heaviest snow. I tested it by blowing 6" of snow on a 45 degree day and it worked great. I wonder if that would help as well.