Shop ideas to consider

/ Shop ideas to consider #52  
An overhead trolly with electric winch will be used more with each passing year. Mine was an afterthought and cobbled togeather with founds and freebees that doesn't support alot of weight but is a back saver. The older you get the more you appreciate help with lifting and carrying. I've had a roll around engine hoist from day one then picked up a Hoyer lift to handle less than 300Lb duty off Craigslist for $75 that has easily been worth 5x that in 2 years,wish I'd thought of it 10 years earlier. Doing much more than add fuel and check oil I set push mower on bench with the Hoyer. I second the motion on what others say about painting everything white before moving in. Big fridge with big mugs🍻 in the freezer.

/ Shop ideas to consider #53  
I’ve got one hung with a laptop connected. I like to put up wiring diagrams, makes them much easier to scan from either side.
Oh, that reminds me, pull some cat 5e or cat 6 wiring to the shop from the house, along with coax, and a few extra AWG-12 conductors that will inevitably be used for 3-way switches for outside lights, etc.

I spent my first several years in this house, with no internet in my shop, and it was a constant PITA.

/ Shop ideas to consider #54  
An overhead trolly with electric winch will be used more with each passing year. Mine was an afterthought and cobbled togeather with founds and freebees that doesn't support alot of weight but is a back saver. The older you get the more you appreciate help with lifting and carrying. I've had a roll around engine hoist from day one then picked up a Hoyer lift to handle less than 300Lb duty off Craigslist for $75 that has easily been worth 5x that in 2 years,wish I'd thought of it 10 years earlier. Doing much more than add fuel and check oil I set push mower on bench with the Hoyer. I second the motion on what others say about painting everything white before moving in. Big fridge with big mugs🍻 in the freezer.
I got a freebie Hoyer… it serves a purpose.

/ Shop ideas to consider #55  
I have an insulated shop but do not use it often so I tend to keep it just above freezing. I chose a ventless infrared heater because when I pull in a vehicle to work on it heats the vehicle not the air around the vehicle which then slowly heats the vehicle - much nicer to work on that way. What I did not think of was there is a lot of H2O coming out of the heater and I needed to add a dehumidifier to keep the building from raining on all my stuff.

/ Shop ideas to consider #56  
I just spent half the day crawling under my 42,000 lb Caterpillar. A 50,000 lb lift isn't in the planning.

So, a couple of things to consider.

1: A really big shop door.
2: A work Trench/Pit.

/ Shop ideas to consider #58  
That pit is super awesome. And I expect real cheap...not!

/ Shop ideas to consider #59  
Safer and better than a lift! Actually just a well made pit would be fine. I've heard things like fumes can be dangerous but and exhaust system would be fine.

/ Shop ideas to consider #60  
That pit is super awesome. And I expect real cheap...not!
Yeah, from their descriptions of each one being semi-custom. Each engineered. Etc. I'm guessing the sky's the limit.

Yet, they appear to be basic hydraulic over cable operated lifts. Probably a lot less lift than your basic 2 or 4 post lifts.

You'll see 4 vertical channel iron pieces near the ends of the lift with a cable inside.

In the brochure, there is a photo showing the horizontal hydraulic cylinder and the cables.

The rated lift capacity is lower than I'd anticipate. About 900kg. So, enough to left a person, and quite a few tools. But, it falls short of being stable to drive on.