SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #21  
The H-F QH is closely looking like the present Yanmar QH.
$346 on one website, $600 on another.

It does seem to have the Speeco upper hook that extends out a little.

I doubt there's any difference at all from the HF QH, just a standard design widely copied.

Or re-badged. :D

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #23  
Yes.

When they first came out, many on here were widening theirs with a Farm Jack to get it to the SAE(??) standard to fit modern implements. Mine needed about 1/8" before it fit my Howse rotary mower.

As is often the case with HF's stuff - Some Assembly Required. :)
Damn, I’ve had one of those things sitting in the field for at least 20 -25 years becoming one with the grass. I got it for $99 to my door to find it wouldn’t fit anything I had.
I was hot and heavy into welding about that time to boot. Unfortunately I never dreamed I could just bend the thing:LOL:. I over thought the whole process and couldn’t get to how I could separate both sides snd stub on each side that tiny amount of tubing needed. Boy I sure deserve the Homer Simpson award for missing something that obvious., Duhhhh..

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F
Damn, I’ve had one of those things sitting in the field for at least 20 -25 years becoming one with the grass. I got it for $99 to my door to find it wouldn’t fit anything I had.
I was hot and heavy into welding about that time to boot. Unfortunately I never dreamed I could just bend the thing:LOL:. I over thought the whole process and couldn’t get to how I could separate both sides snd stub on each side that tiny amount of tubing needed. Boy I sure deserve the Homer Simpson award for missing something that obvious., Duhhhh..
Pull it out of the grass, lube it up and use it now.

How does a person use a Quick Hitch on a Yanmar you might ask. Well, Yanmar does have this info too. :cool:
1697381069945.png

Oh, would you like to read it too, LOL
google version

1697381282317.png

YANDEX OCR online translated is even better,

Yandex Yanmar QH translated.jpg

With no Quick Hitch, the directions are,

3PT-001-image.translated.jpg

3PT-002-image.translated.jpg

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #27  
Great explanation - for a modern Yanmar tiller. I want one!

My RS1400 (about 1978, explicitly matched to YM2000 per the decal on it) didn't anticipate the ASAE quick hitch standardization so it doesn't fit.

The sheet metal would have to be bashed just to slide the hooks under the pins. Then the side to side pin width doesn't match. I've seen welded extensions that move the pins forward but I don't want to butcher it.

Got a few uses out of the Quick Hitch.

This one is very novel. Using it as a hook for fence pulling. It's the closest point to the fence going up. Here, I'm tying two fences together at the H-bracing posts.

20231029_140558.jpg

20231029_140622.jpg

When pulling fence like this, The Yanmar CREEPER GEAR is a 😍

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #30  
@bmaverick nice fencing job. Great idea to use your tractor to anchor the pull, and then actually do the pull in the creeper gear! FWIW, I try to keep the fence pulling board/bar vertical by fixing the lengths of the chain. It keeps the tension on the fence wires a little more uniform.

All the best,

Peter