SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F
@bmaverick nice fencing job. Great idea to use your tractor to anchor the pull, and then actually do the pull in the creeper gear! FWIW, I try to keep the fence pulling board/bar vertical by fixing the lengths of the chain. It keeps the tension on the fence wires a little more uniform.

All the best,

Peter
Ha, we tried to keep it verticle, but it's a woven mesh fence. To get the woven squares just so and vertical, I had take the puller cocked that way. DW would of complained if the fence squares were off, even by a little. Plus the day was COLD in the mid-40s. One of the Angus girls was in heat and literally walked over the fence. It was a repair job. Glad she walked at the end of a run vs elsewhere on the fence line.

With the QH and hooked chain, I raised the 3PT up, pulled in creeper a little, and then gently lowered. This way I'm not dragging the woven fence into the ground. I once had one of those CHEAP 3 finger fence pullers. What a mess. This clamp style is the only way to go.

One day, when I've got a shop to comfortably do the work, I'm going to buy an old Yanmar.

Between @bmaverick and @California you guys have really made the case for them.
To match your CK2610 for diesel power, 4WD, live PTO, PowerShift, and with popular engine for parts, these are exceptional models,

1701621316521.png

If there is an X in the far right column, the YTOG has a Parts Manual for it. :)

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #33  
This just came on another forum. What I did to pull the bent up fence and Gate over a decade ago! I used the Metal gate bar and attached it to the Fence and pulled it. Not much force needed for Hog link. My 8N Evel Kenievel Neighbor just used a Come along to pull his. Not much to it!!

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #34  
To match your CK2610 for diesel power, 4WD, live PTO, PowerShift, and with popular engine for parts, these are exceptional models,

View attachment 835271

If there is an X in the far right column, the YTOG has a Parts Manual for it. :)

You got my wife shaking her head lol, one day though, one day I'll have the space for a project. I've got the time, lol.

You got my wife shaking her head lol, one day though, one day I'll have the space for a project. I've got the time, lol.
In the Yanmar YM models, this is how things go for the most part, there are EXCEPTIONS.

YMxx00 = no thrills, geared machine, with rpm and tach with hour meter.
YMxx10 = above basic model, PowerShift, rpm, tach with hour meter, more multi-PTO speeds, and additional options
YMxx20 = plush of options, all the bells and whistles, PowerShift, more gauges and lights on the dash. Some even have power steering equipped.

Toss a D at the end of the model and it's 4WD.
PowerShift models provide 'live' PTO in the selected operating range.

Options range from
- Power Steering
- Draft Control
- Multi-speed PTO in the tach meter
- Wet brakes
- SCV (pre-Power Beyond)
- Power Beyond
- Swivel seat
- Cabs
- Front PTO
- Mid PTO

Options also found on the US domestic machines can be applied.

Options found on the John Deere 50 Series can be applied. Even all the specialized attachments and loaders.

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #37  
These machines were really before their time, at least in the North American market, and that's one big reason I want one. They're an awesome piece of history.
The YM series Yanmars really are timeless classics. Here's something I just posted today in another thread, repeating something I wrote a decade ago:

According to the YM240 Service Manual it should be possible to clean the injector nozzles if you can find the right materials: "polish the orifice only with a wooden stick lubricated with mutton tallow...". How's that for Old School! I love this tractor. It really is designed for overhaul by the owner if needed, anywhere in the world without benefit of modern technology. They don't build them like that any more.

/ SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #38  
One day, when I've got a shop to comfortably do the work, I'm going to buy an old Yanmar.

Between @bmaverick and @California you guys have really made the case for them.
I stumbled upon the classic Yanmar Tractors and with my history of maintaining and repairing bullet proof equipment and I felt like they were right up my alley. Did a bunch of reading and purchased a nice YM 2310D and joined this Forum. The machine has been a joy to own and operate over the last few years and I highly recommend the experience.

Last edited:
   / SCORE - Quick Hitch H-F #39  
Great explanation - for a modern Yanmar tiller. I want one!

My RS1400 (about 1978, explicitly matched to YM2000 per the decal on it) didn't anticipate the ASAE quick hitch standardization so it doesn't fit.

The sheet metal would have to be bashed just to slide the hooks under the pins. Then the side to side pin width doesn't match. I've seen welded extensions that move the pins forward but I don't want to butcher it.

I have the Cad file for the extensions that were cut for my 1401, strictly a bolt up mod.

Last edited: