Interesting observations...

/ Interesting observations... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Seems like every time a poster posts a picture of their tractors, they are always filthy. Myself, I'd be offended to post a picture of mine (remember, I have more than one) being dirty, you won't find mine dirty unless I just came in from the field and last thing I do is wash them I cringe when I see that because removing and installing parts on a filthy tractor is inviting the filth inside the works... and

The other thing I see on here when someone posts a picture of the backend of their tractor, the remote female connectors never have any plugs in them. My remotes (I have 3 sets on each tractor) are always capped when not in use, You can buy rubber lanyard caps at TSC for cheap or spring for the spring loaded self closing ones that any Kubota dealer sells (what I have). Leaving the remotes open and dirty inside causes internal rust plus they won't seal to the male ends properly and leak and replacements aren't cheap.

I also cover my PTO shaft when not in use. You can buy slip on plastic pto stub covers cheap as well. Keeps then clean and rust free and you can put a bit of grease in the cover as well.

Just things I notice when looking at tractors on this site...

/ Interesting observations... #3  
I'm kinda OCD when it comes to that. Even one of my dump trucks had white leather seats. You could eat off the floor if you wanted to.

/ Interesting observations... #5  
My equipment gets moved job to job and doesn’t come home that often. It gets washed a few times a year.

/ Interesting observations...
You missed my point sort of... A working on a filthy tractor not only gets you filthy but when you remove parts or assemblies that filth gets inside those parts or inside the tractor. You should see the filthy tractors that Dennis at my Kubota dealer has to work on talk about filth and grease and dirt and crud.... he's gotten to the point where he puts degreaser on them and gives them a hot water pressure wash first and then they charge the customer for it.

How about the uncovered remotes that are rusting inside or are also filled with crud... I see very few on here that actually have covers in place, same goes with PTO stubs that are not being used.

Common sense will tell you that if you plug any implement into s cruddy female connector, if it don't leak, thsat crud is going somewhere... That somewhere is into your implement's hydraulic system and ultimately as you cycle those hydraulics, into your tractor's gearbox.

Maybe I'm a nal about this stuff but neither of my Kubota's are new 2001 and 2002 and 4000+ and 6000+ hours and I've never had any issues with either that could be attributed to contaminated oils or leaky hydraulic fittings. Neither are wannabe play tractors either, they both work hard and I don't 'spare the rod' with either. I bought them to work and that is what they do. Neither have any leaks and both are clean before put away and that is everytime I use them. I fully expect them to outlive me as well. They are my last tractors.

Last edited:
   / Interesting observations... #7  
Growing up around the car business my Grandfather insisted even the clunkers in the back row be spotless… as in steam clean engine compartment and sparkling window glass.

The only tractor specific I’ve heard counter is a quick paint could be lipstick on a pig where a shiny metal blade from recent work tells a positive story.

/ Interesting observations... #8  
Face it,some are natural born mean motor scooters ,some are real go-getters , you are both and the remainder of us are neither. :sleep:

/ Interesting observations... #9  
If I work on my tractor I clean it first. My spare time gets spent on family or other higher priority things, not on washing a tractor.

I have a brother-in-law like, that everything must be spotless, his kids want nothing to do with him. Not that it has to be that way. Just saying, pick your priorities.

Last edited:
   / Interesting observations... #10  
My remotes are always 'plugged', when not in use of course, and I've used the PTO cap that came with my tractor the same. With the PTO cap, I'll spray a liberal amount of lanolin lubricant in it and on the splines before putting the cap back on.

I honestly can't remember the last time I washed the tractor.

Mind you, my ute only gets washed once a year, and that's done by the Toyota dealership when I take it in for its annual service. :)