Interesting observations...

/ Interesting observations... #11  
Last time I washed my tractor, a brake rusted solid after

I use my tractor so if kept it clean,I would have to be washing it non stop

Covers are a good idea but normally if I am using my tractor, the pto is hooked up

/ Interesting observations... #12  
You missed my point sort of... They are my last tractors.
Not sure what I have now will be my last, but I do like keeping stuff fairly clean and dust caps in place. I use a foam cannon with the pressure washer and a wash and rinse is maybe 1/2 hour for car, tractor or truck.

/ Interesting observations... #13  
I don't wash mine unless I am about to work on it. Of course it's not cruddy and greasy either. About the only thing I clean is the cab glass. I have a single point connection for my loader and flip up caps for my remotes. My PTO almost always has something connected.

/ Interesting observations... #15  
The other thing I see on here when someone posts a picture of the backend of their tractor, the remote female connectors never have any plugs in them. My remotes (I have 3 sets on each tractor) are always capped when not in use, You can buy rubber lanyard caps at TSC for cheap or spring for the spring loaded self closing ones that any Kubota dealer sells (what I have). Leaving the remotes open and dirty inside causes internal rust plus they won't seal to the male ends properly and leak and replacements aren't cheap.
I keep looking for quality plugs/caps that last. I have push pull connectors on the NH and rubber plugs don't work great when it is under 70 degrees. The rubber gets hard and takes pliers to pull out and obviously lanyards break over time. Same goes for the few attachments I cap the male plugs on. Only work great when sunny and hot during the summer. These attachments go on the loader so I plug female/male caps and plugs together to keep clean. You can imagine how hard they are to pull apart when cold or covered in dew.

/ Interesting observations... #16  
I take a blower to my equipment after use. On the tractor, it's needed due to it sucking in dust and grasses when cutting anyway. Heavy use, all equipment gets washed down. Kind of makes sure everything is OK for the next run when drying.

/ Interesting observations... #17  
I‘m gonna have to side with 5030 on this one. A clean piece of equipment is worlds easier to spot problems on when they are small, maintain correctly (and quickly), and I’d say prevents undue wear in some cases like excessive mud/dirt build up in friction areas. I lost my equipment overhang to a storm this year and having them out in the open is driving me bonkers, pollen and subsequent mold growth in GA is crazy hard on equipment. I’m not gonna say it has to be spotless but generally clean is a old idea.

I hear a lot of fellas saying they work their tractor so they can’t be bothered cleaning it…cool story bro. I put several hundred hours on my tractors per year, not a full time farmer but play a strong hobby farmer game. Washing them enough to keep them clean is not a huge deal, hardest part for me to clean is my disc mower just because of all the angles you have to hit.

Honestly to me the two must under talked about and used implements for a professional homeowner are a pressure washer and air compressor. Told my oldest daughter a while back if the guy she’s marrying doesn’t have a good air-compressor that will probably be my wedding gift;) Two minutes of air after a job or 5 minutes with a pressure washer takes care of 90% of the cleaning if you keep up with it.

This is actually a picture my neighbor took yesterday when I went down to help him drop some hay, weather has been horrible so I’ve been trying to help him when there’s a weather window. Anyway, I talk crap to him all the time about his equipment. But he also calls the truck when something breaks so maybe that’s the difference🤔
IMG_0405.jpeg

/ Interesting observations... #18  

This is actually a picture my neighbor took yesterday when I went down to help him drop some hay, weather has been horrible so I’ve been trying to help him when there’s a weather window. Anyway, I talk crap to him all the time about his equipment. But he also calls the truck when something breaks so maybe that’s the difference🤔

Have to ask, how is the a/c in your MX holding up?

/ Interesting observations... #19  
I don't keep my tractors spotlessly clean but do use a blower after each use to get rid of the dust and debris that has gathered. Seldom do I use the tractors in or around muddy conditions but if I do they get washed off with the pressure washer and then blown dry with the blower before being put in their garage.

They will at times get a real bath and coat of wax but then I am retired and finding time to do it is not an issue.

/ Interesting observations...
I keep looking for quality plugs/caps that last. I have push pull connectors on the NH and rubber plugs don't work great when it is under 70 degrees. The rubber gets hard and takes pliers to pull out and obviously lanyards break over time. Same goes for the few attachments I cap the male plugs on. Only work great when sunny and hot during the summer. These attachments go on the loader so I plug female/male caps and plugs together to keep clean. You can imagine how hard they are to pull apart when cold or covered in dew.
If you have a Kubota dealer nearby. the will stock (should stock) the spring loaded caps and they are nice. They have a ring that fits over the connector (kind of hard to get on bit doable) and 100% seals the outlet when there is no hydraulic hose attached. I bet Messicks has them. I never looked but I bet they do. They fit all Pioneer females.