Interesting observations...

/ Interesting observations...
I don't keep my tractors spotlessly clean but do use a blower after each use to get rid of the dust and debris that has gathered. Seldom do I use the tractors in or around muddy conditions but if I do they get washed off with the pressure washer and then blown dry with the blower before being put in their garage.

They will at times get a real bath and coat of wax but then I am retired and finding time to do it is not an issue.
Because I run forage which produces a ton if chaff when bailing, I carry a Bauer 20 volt cordless blower in the cab behind the seat and that is the first thing I use. I use it in the field to blow out the radiator and when I get back to the farm the round bailer gets blown off as well. I never wash my round bailer and I never washed the square bailer I sold last year either.

/ Interesting observations... #22  
Have to ask, how is the a/c in your MX holding up?
My MX is OS, M4 is cabbed. This is its third season and no complaints on the AC…other then the condensation from the condenser once gave me a heart attack because I thought it was a hydro leak:ROFLMAO:

/ Interesting observations...
I've had to top off the refrigerant in my 2002 M9 a couple times now (including this year) and I suspect I have a Schrader valve leaking. I need to order a Schrader valve removal tool so I can pull the valves under pressure and replace them. I could evacuate the refrigerant and pull the system down with the vacuum pump and replace the cores but then I'd have to not only recharge the system but add PAG oil as well. I have a full set of refrigeration tools but not a Schrader valve core removal tool. The ac systems on the tractors hold very little R134 refrigerant when fully charged anyway.

/ Interesting observations... #24  
Yeah, I don't have a convenient set up for my pressure washer, so things get washed when its time to do some maintenance or repairs... I don't like working on dirty stuff, but I don't mind driving it! I do keep the remote outlet plugs in though but the pto cap is on a shelf somewhere? I don't find it rusts or gets dirty?

/ Interesting observations... #25  
Having a fully hydraulic machine, I always wash it down really well before working on it. Dirt is the enemy of hydraulics. I don't cap my fittings on the machine, but do wipe them off really well before using. The implement hose ends get connected together when not in use.

If I mow or brush cut, since the implements are out front, I make a point to use the leaf blower on it to remove all the debris that can get packed up in the front of the unit. Also blow out the rear engine bay, as grass and leaves can build up in there over time and be a fire hazard. But that's about it.

/ Interesting observations... #26  
I‘m gonna have to side with 5030 on this one. A clean piece of equipment is worlds easier to spot problems on when they are small, maintain correctly (and quickly), and I’d say prevents undue wear in some cases like excessive mud/dirt build up in friction areas. I lost my equipment overhang to a storm this year and having them out in the open is driving me bonkers, pollen and subsequent mold growth in GA is crazy hard on equipment. I’m not gonna say it has to be spotless but generally clean is a old idea.

I hear a lot of fellas saying they work their tractor so they can’t be bothered cleaning it…cool story bro. I put several hundred hours on my tractors per year, not a full time farmer but play a strong hobby farmer game. Washing them enough to keep them clean is not a huge deal, hardest part for me to clean is my disc mower just because of all the angles you have to hit.

Honestly to me the two must under talked about and used implements for a professional homeowner are a pressure washer and air compressor. Told my oldest daughter a while back if the guy she’s marrying doesn’t have a good air-compressor that will probably be my wedding gift;) Two minutes of air after a job or 5 minutes with a pressure washer takes care of 90% of the cleaning if you keep up with it.

This is actually a picture my neighbor took yesterday when I went down to help him drop some hay, weather has been horrible so I’ve been trying to help him when there’s a weather window. Anyway, I talk crap to him all the time about his equipment. But he also calls the truck when something breaks so maybe that’s the difference🤔
View attachment 816144
You paint with a very broad brush!

How about all those guys who have a tractor at some remote location, an old barn or shed, with no water access, or poor water access, or even their tractor stored on a old vacant lot…..

It’s very easy to speak what other people should do, without ever being in their shoes!

/ Interesting observations... #27  
You paint with a very broad brush!

How about all those guys who have a tractor at some remote location, an old barn or shed, with no water access, or poor water access, or even their tractor stored on a old vacant lot…..

It’s very easy to speak what other people should do, without ever being in their shoes!
So do you for knowing nothing about where most of my equipment is kept compared to where I do my maintenance. Take your hurt feelz somewhere else.

/ Interesting observations... #28  
I have never washed my tractor. It gets greased, maintained, pto and hydraulics capped when not in use and is stored in an open side shed. I treat my tractor as a tool to be respected and cared for. Caked on mud gets rinsed off by driving across the brook. I guess it depends on your relationship to your investment as the lengths one would go to protect it. My 2 cents worth.

/ Interesting observations... #29  
.... I guess it depends on your relationship to your investment as the lengths one would go to protect it. My 2 cents worth.
I would like to get back what I put into them. Well cared for equipment...sells fast and for a good price.

/ Interesting observations... #30  
Some people take 2-3 showers a day, some people maybe 2-3 a week……

Everyone runs their lives differently.
<snert> Tell me about it... I'm on 'tank' water, so I conserve water appropriately depending on how full the tank is and predicted future rain.

Vehicle washing is the lowest priority.