Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,031  
Does anyone have a parts list "even a dummy" can understand. to add a hydraulic filter to my Agt H12.
Did you read the part of this thread where I show the 2 parts you need to buy, and the source (SurplusCenter)? Page 31 of this thread. You need a base and a filter. Fittings you use depend on what hoses your mini maker used, and where you want to install the filter assembly.

If you decide to drill a hole in the oil tank as I did, you should clean out any metal fragments you get in there. The existing return bung may work for you.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,032  
Thanks dfkrug, I'll check that page.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,033  
It seems like I will be doing more cleanup on the trails with the baby digger than I thought. Will be pulling a lot of logs out of ravines before they cause problems to culverts and bridges. I would like to weld a hook or a D-ring on the bucket, but I need to ask,, Is the bucket strong enough to handle the hook? I am leaning towards a d-ring, what's your preference 20231222_135200.jpg?

#1,034  
I would like to weld a hook or a D-ring on the bucket, but I need to ask,, Is the bucket strong enough to handle the hook?
This photo shows what I use: a slotted piece of 1/2" steel, welded on. It is the same as the one I installed on my homemade bucket, which I showed in my Modifications thread.

I use these on my other buckets, including loader buckets. The idea is that chain fits in the slot securely, and allows pulling in multiple directions. It even allows me to detach it without getting out of the operator's seat.

For the mini, I also use straps in the slot for pulling logs or rocks. The bkt carcass is only 1/8" thick, so install any hook on the thicker sections, and/or add a base plate.

Attachments

• bkt_hook.jpg
    bkt_hook.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 78
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,035  
It seems like I will be doing more cleanup on the trails with the baby digger than I thought. Will be pulling a lot of logs out of ravines before they cause problems to culverts and bridges. I would like to weld a hook or a D-ring on the bucket, but I need to ask,, Is the bucket strong enough to handle the hook? I am leaning towards a d-ring, what's your preference?
Hmm.. gives me a thought. For those of us a quick hitch constructing a lifting ring welded to a base plate that would have pin arrangement like a pin on standard attachment. Should not be that hard to build. This would allow a distributed load at the boom end versus a chain hook on a bucket.

Not sure if I will build one but thanks for the inspiration.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,036  
This photo shows what I use: a slotted piece of 1/2" steel, welded on. It is the same as the one I installed on my homemade bucket, which I showed in my Modifications thread.

I use these on my other buckets, including loader buckets. The idea is that chain fits in the slot securely, and allows pulling in multiple directions. It even allows me to detach it without getting out of the operator's seat.

For the mini, I also use straps in the slot for pulling logs or rocks. The bkt carcass is only 1/8" thick, so install any hook on the thicker sections, and/or add a base plate.
Very nice.. I like the self-detaching bonus. My bucket seems a little thin so I will beef it up a little. I don't imagine my little machine can put too much stress on anything, but I like things that are over-built. I am going to go back and reread your entire post. it has been a month since I read it and I obviously forgot a lot of the info in it. Thanks again for making this thread, and thanks to Mattb4 for his thread.. Merry Christmas to all who read this..

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,037  
I follow a few online auction sites and it became obvious that those companies listing brand new attachments and equipment from China had secret reserve prices. I even complained once to the Auction co. rep that called me during the last few minutes of a Auction to encourage bidding about it.

Regardless of what they might say about no hidden reserve they play games with last second automatic bids to ensure that items do not sell if the price is low.
Just joined and have not read all posts yet. But this one caught my eye. Yes, some of these online auction companies do tweak bids. I watch 1 in particular every month. Its just strange they can have 20 of the exact same items, and when the auction is over they sold for the same price. The lots affected are all China imported stuff. The normal stuff doesn't act the same way. Sometimes 1 might be a hundred below, and another might be a hundred above, but the same end result. I assume it's the online service co they use and they can manipulate the amount they are "willing" to sell for. Or they have a "house number" and shill.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,038  
Welcome to the forum Schmecky! What size machine are you considering?

#1,039  
Yes, some of these online auction companies do tweak bids. I watch 1 in particular every month. Its just strange they can have 20 of the exact same items, and when the auction is over they sold for the same price.

A buyer wanting more than one unit will be able to buy all that he wins at the same price. So, if his winning high bid is say, $4000, and he is willing to take say, 10 of them, he will get that price for each, and have priority over any other bidder at $4000 who wants fewer units. Live auctioneers have explained it that way when last I attended a live auction.

Secret reserve bids are also used at some auctions. I hate that.

What was your winning bid for your new Tria, and when/where?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,040  
There's an auction tomorrow in NE PA Excavators For Sale | Proxibid Auctions with about 30 mini's on the block.

The models seem similar but what are the differences between AGT H12, QH12 and there are no L12 models in this auction, and as far as I can see its blade width - then there are 2-3 AGT H15 units - whats different or better on those or just the wider blade 39"?