Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,021  
So you keep the boom and bucket downhill? That way the jerky motion has a bucket to fall onto? I was keeping everything uphill and going backwards. But the jerky motion does cause some serious pucker factor.
95% of the time I descend slopes with boom uphill, held low, with dipper fully extended. And the blade is downhill. Sometimes, as I groom my trails, I am sliding the blade on the ground with the boom downhill. That way, if the blade collects too much dirt, I can push it off the side of the trail with the bucket.

Now that rain has come back, I am going to get the machine back on the trails. Dry dirt=no good.

#1,022  
Here's the stack type leking uses for kv13. With pilot assembly/block screwed on top/ bottom. Fob $60/section.

Looks like those sections would bolt right up to mine, even if the casting is slightly different. I would like to see the internals of those pilot blocks. My stack valve seems well-made, with small ramps on the spool lands. I hope those huge O-rings hold up.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,023  
I've removed the pilot blocks from mine- they just house the fitting for pilot hose, a small valve-ish washer thing and a spring that contacts down in place of the mechanical linkage.
I haven't removed a mechanical linkage to confirm both sections use exact same internals (spools) but am assuming they do.

I didn't end up getting the pilot assemblies/stack sections in my order- with aux and blade transferred to handles it's plenty sufficient, making an attempt to pilot those functions highly not worth the cost or work.

RE: PLATE COMPACTOR
Looks like they require at most a third hose. I assume that would be just a sep 'case drain'. Are we positive a full 2nd AUX circuit is even required
//edit// Confirmed with Leking theirs just requires the third hose as a 'case drain'. I've never done such but understand it's pretty easy to do- just needs returned somewhere into the low pressure return circuit/tank

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,024  
Tap a whole in the tank, if you can get to it, and have a hose made would be my choice. Quick and simple . Put a quick connect on it and put it next to one of the 3rd function ports.

#1,025  
Fans of the Diggit EM15 may like to know that JT on Utube has weighed his and it is only 2240#. Not 1.5 metric tons at all (3300#). Despite being wider and longer than most of these 1-ton-ish minis, it does not seem to have a counter-weight.

Now I wonder what my XN08 weighs. 800kg is 1760#, and my shipping manifest said 2200#, if I recall. But that was sans engine, and with some extras and a crate.

Anybody else weigh their machine?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,026  
Anybody else weigh their machine?

You were bang-on with the original estimate for mine.
I haven't weighed, but manufacturer listed weights agree. Even though manu calls mine a more appropriate '1.3' it comes standard at 1ton. (2200).
I'll tell ya though, the 350# of lead weight was a good improvement.

I'd hazard a guess the .8t and .85t is accurate for the most popular and plentiful units.
Much of the time these manu's seem to using 'operating weight' instead of actual, (like agt and miv 12's and 13's) - I wonder how (if) that is calculated.

RE: IMPORT
I assumed I would only pay duty on 'cost of goods'. (like actual goods price)
It seems any transportation, loading, and freight you also pay duty on? It seems like they rounded it up to include even US warehouse fee into 'cost of goods'. Counterintuitive imo

Also- for just a small crate costing 2000 (for the goods) there is virtually no ocean freight charge, but the warehouse fees at each port are about 300 each!
I wonder how this compares with a full container, since much of the warehouse fee is logistics to organize and fill/unload individual items from a said container. Might cost similar for an entire full container?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,027  
You were bang-on with the original estimate for mine.
I haven't weighed, but manufacturer listed weights agree. Even though manu calls mine a more appropriate '1.3' it comes standard at 1ton. (2200).
I'll tell ya though, the 350# of lead weight was a good improvement.

I'd hazard a guess the .8t and .85t is accurate for the most popular and plentiful units.
Much of the time these manu's seem to using 'operating weight' instead of actual, (like agt and miv 12's and 13's) - I wonder how (if) that is calculated.

RE: IMPORT
I assumed I would only pay duty on 'cost of goods'. (like actual goods price)
It seems any transportation, loading, and freight you also pay duty on? It seems like they rounded it up to include even US warehouse fee into 'cost of goods'. Counterintuitive imo

Also- for just a small crate costing 2000 (for the goods) there is virtually no ocean freight charge, but the warehouse fees at each port are about 300 each!
I wonder how this compares with a full container, since much of the warehouse fee is logistics to organize and fill/unload individual items from a said container. Might cost similar for an entire full container?
Full Container Shipping savings and Purchase Savings, is the reasoning behind all of the Auction Units that we are seeing.

Now, weather they are making any money doing it and selling them for $3000 is left to the imagination, but with the High Cubes going for $10k+ having them full of adds something, adds to the Profits. (or losses)

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,028  
Does anyone have a parts list "even a dummy" can understand. to add a hydraulic filter to my Agt H12. I literally know nothing about hydraulics. And any help would be greatly appreciated! I found this picture online and seems simple enough if i knew what to purchase, including the filter base assembly. Thanks for reading and or laughing at my lack of skills.

Attachments

• 409617341_10168331622860611_6337124463357333362_n.jpg
    409617341_10168331622860611_6337124463357333362_n.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 70
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,029  
I am sure no one here is laughing at you. The guy who started this thread is very knowledgeable and has been very patient with me. I know little about the hydraulic lines on the chinese diggers other than they can be difficult to adapt to. Maybe if I call his name 3 times he will appear. Dfkrug...Dfkrug...Dfkrug help please.. There are several others who are very smart and may be able to help us,, Mattb4.... Jaylast...

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,030  
Shipping invoice said my H12 weighed 1920 pounds.