Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it?

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it?
Does Ring specialize in security? Where do I get ring information?

Thank you for info..... Coffeeman

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it?
So for client's I deal with Ring, Nest, Google, Amazon, Apple every day of my life... as much as their products are appealing... I would look elsewhere for security... but that is just my opinion

Does Apple have security systems? I will be new Apple Store tonight. I will check them out.
which do you like best? If systems take video of intruders, can it send video off premises?
& how would one do it.

Just some rambling thoughts. Thank you for info.

You ALL Have a good Thanksgiving. AND All BE SAFE.......Coffeeman

I have 4 systems of SimpliSafe in 3 states. I can monitor, shut off alarm, ck in on cameras and get notifications with in an "empty" house if any movements even with alarm off. I like it.

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #15  
My security system is some nosy neighbors, a 1911 by the bed, 38 snub nose in the bathroom, 22 mag in the kitchen, 2 bad tempered German shepherds and donkey that hates everybody. Lol

I'm looking to get very small video cameras to make them out of sight. If there is such a thing? I haven't done much research yet. Only TBN so far and usually get answers on anything.

Thank you for reply. Good Thanksgiving AND BE SAFE......Coffeeman

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #17  
I have a simpli safe ( newest ) and will say all these YouTubers that promote them because they got them for free are selling us out
Simplisafe is easy to block the sensor signal , has crap for sensor range imo , changing batteries on all devices yearly just because you are not sure what level they are at kinda sucks

if the alarm goes off when your home good luck figuring out where it is triggered in a hurry specially with the base station blaring,, you are more focused on shutting it off than finding a possible intruder

false smoke detection due to sunlight
sensors fall in and out of range but are all withing 60 feet or less

I would not buy another Simpli safe but not sure what I would buy if I was installing in a non hardwired house with a flat roof ( like mine)

never had ring security but I do have their motion lights and like them

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #18  
I prefer BBD (Big Bad Dog, preferably barking) and Mossberg for security.
The main thing is to decide what you want to do.
Are you:
Checking up to see if there was damage?
Need real time warning of intrusion?
Want the LEO's immediately?
You need to check with your local law enforcement to see what they do. At my Mississippi residence I can plan on about an hour for any one to respond. In Virginia it might take 10 minutes.

When I first started into buying Wyze cams they emphasized they were NOT security cams. Then sometime last year they partnered with a company that claims to be a security company and now they offer a "whole house monitoring" system which I would not recommend. Lot's of complaints about slow notifications.

In this day of the 60Volt Angle grinder opening a metal building is like opening a can of sardines.

/edit
However if you are looking at small IP cameras I can heartily recommend the Wyze V3. I've had several outside for a year and they have taken freeze thaw and rain. Steer away from their Wyze Oudoor Cam if you can manage anyway to get continuous power to the camera. The V3 is much better.

Last edited:
   / Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #19  
Does Ring specialize in security? Where do I get ring information?

Thank you for info..... Coffeeman
I bought my package thru Amazon. Here is the Ring Website.

i bought the base package, and added parts and pieces as I needed.

I went ahead with the home monitoring at $100 per year. Or $10 per month. This gives you more space on their server for your camera uploads and actual monitoring. You don't have to buy monitoring if you don't want to. In other words, call the Sheriff yourself if you like with the notifications you get on your smart phones and/or computers.

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #20  
I am using Ring. I thought about simpli safe, but decided on Ring Mainly because the frequency bands that simpli safe uses. I picked the one I felt was less liable to interfere with my Amateur radio operations. . I like the Ring.
I also went with ring cameras. A few hard wired and a couple battery operated and kept charged with ring solar panel .
I have had my system a couple yrs and have been pretty pleased