Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it?

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
I believe it's simple to install and it's all wireless. All I know is what I READ ABOUT IT. At Sams Club they seem cheap.
In the past I know they would have a technician help on phone with questions. I decided not use system because my internet was Crap. But, At home I use iPhone hotspot & I'm using it now I may have to get Hughs Net for home security. At my office I have Comcast. I am going to probably get simpliSafe for our office. Used to have ADT & They closed their office

BOTTOM line... If anyone has any ideas or comments I would appreciate all.

Thanking all of you in advance. Even alternative ideas are welcome.

You all have a great Thanksgiving . Have good evening. And STAY SAFE..........Coffeeman

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #2  
I’m curious too. My home is hardwired by ADT and am interested in a system that will use existing hardware plus extra components.

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #3  
We tried the Simpli Safe and found that the sensors where to big and the system didn't work well in our two story house. In order to have the system recognize all the sensors the main unit had to be in a very inconvenient place.

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #4  
I have 4 systems of SimpliSafe in 3 states. I can monitor, shut off alarm, ck in on cameras and get notifications with in an "empty" house if any movements even with alarm off. I like it.

Last edited:
   / Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #5  
I have heard good things about Arlo and Wallyworld has a Black Friday special on a set.

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #6  
If you have time... look at Clare Controls. We have been using their system for a few of years for clients (& our office & my home).... Not perfect (I can go into detail via PM if you need info). But there is an very inexpensive option to self monitor your systems & their platform is very solid... you can mix wireless & hardwire & their video / cameras integrate very well... plus side is you can add in things like thermostats, lighting, video door bells, smoke / CO detectors.. etc...etc.. all monitored by you... (or opt of a professional monitoring station)... & you can automate things based on an action or condition.

Clare Controls

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #7  
I am using Ring. I thought about simpli safe, but decided on Ring Mainly because the frequency bands that simpli safe uses. I picked the one I felt was less liable to interfere with my Amateur radio operations. . I like the Ring.

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #8  
So for client's I deal with Ring, Nest, Google, Amazon, Apple every day of my life... as much as their products are appealing... I would look elsewhere for security... but that is just my opinion

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it? #9  
I’m on my 2nd SimpliSafe system. Overall, very pleased. My first system was in a 2000 sq ft single level home, no basement. Worked flawlessly. Our current home is a 2500+ sq ft ranch with full basement and attached garage and workshop. I have a couple fringe located sensors that cause some issues occasionally, but still I’m pleased with the system. Much more so than a hard wired system, and much more flexible. I like the monitoring too.

/ Build your own security system? "Simpli Safe" ? Any one use it? Or know if worth it?
I am using Ring. I thought about simpli safe, but decided on Ring Mainly because the frequency bands that simpli safe uses. I picked the one I felt was less liable to interfere with my Amateur radio operations. . I like the Ring.