Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT?

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #111  
Having a dedicated carrier machine would be good because you have the very desirable option to bring the hoe in a lot closer than the end of the 3pt arms. Close enough to be able to use a rotating seat. Close enough to not lose as much steering authority with no FEL as front counterweight, or at least reduce the need for as much front counterweight. I think being 'forced' to install 'live' hydraulics on an 8n is not a bad thing either, the stock ones would suck no matter what and them not working just removes the temptation to try to build to them. I have read articles about automotive power steering pumps in racing applications that said the common 'canned ham' sort of pumps that were on everything for about 30 years can actually flow about 20gpm at high rpm. That means they could flow maybe 6-8gpm at a comfortable rpm for an 8N. They have 'priority flow divider valves' in them to reduce their output to something they can consistently make across a car engine's rpm range (probably about 2gpm with the rest recirculated internally), but if you remove that valve you have enough output to run your hoe easily.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #113  
My Yanmar YM240 weighs about the same as your YM2310. I need the front bucket dug in, usually rolled all the way forward, (photo) to anchor the tractor against the backhoe's ability to pull the tractor back toward the excavation. The backhoe's feet plus locking the brakes aren't sufficient. So lifting the back of your tractor might serve for moving it sideways, but trying to move it forward against locked brakes and that front bucket is not going to advance along the line of the trench very well.

Running linkage forward to the PowerShift shift lever may add to the danger of using a backhoe. Things can go wrong unexpectedly on a tractor. For example if the linkage gets stuck in Drive, then leaping off the backhoe seat and running to get up on the (slow) moving tractor as it approaches rollover or something, maybe the front fell in a hole for example, or your subframe broke and jammed the shift linkage to a faster speed, could be dangerous. Let's see if others use a similar linkage.

I do reach forward with a shovel to nudge the throttle lever sometimes. The shovel is in a golf bag strapped to the ROPS. (old photo)

Here's a photo showing how the loader subframe is attached at the rear axle on my YM240. I think this stiffening has prevented the hoe from damaging this tractor.

And not relevant to you, but to someone else with a 3-point backhoe - they aren't designed for down-pressure! I bent a 3-point lower arm dragging the tractor sideways with the hoe. It took a BFH to straighten the arm. Not recommended!
For repositioning I put a heavy rock on the seat and have a pulley with a rope tied to the peddle and ran outside. About half way through this video shows the set up.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #114  
I advance back or forward or side to side with the BH push or pull method - but whatever works. I don’t have enough ingenuity to invent your solution 🤔

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #115  
I use a bent piece of rebar clipped to the HST pedal. That way, I can operate it from the backhoe seat.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #116  
Whatever yo do, just keep in mind that without a dedicated subframe, the chances of cracking the rear housing and incurring a huge repair bill are very great. No small tractor can absorb the stress without bad things happening back there. I know someone that happened to with an L model and the repair bill was north of 10 grand and Kubota will not warrant that and neither will anyone else.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #117  
Whatever yo do, just keep in mind that without a dedicated subframe, the chances of cracking the rear housing and incurring a huge repair bill are very great. No small tractor can absorb the stress without bad things happening back there. I know someone that happened to with an L model and the repair bill was north of 10 grand and Kubota will not warrant that and neither will anyone else.
I know someone also. I was shocked (as was the owner) to see the housing was an Alu. casting not iron. He managed to find a guy that did the swap, it took lots of hours. Not sure what model Kubota it is.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #118  
Most modern tractors are today (aluminum pressure die castings) If properly gusseted internally, they are just fine but they will still crack under undue stress, but so will cast iron for that matter.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #119  
My Branson has a BH. I use it quite a bit for digging stuff. It's just about the right size for working around the farm and not getting in a hurry. I'm thinking of getting a mini ex for a variety of reasons but if a fellow doesn't have need of that, a tractor mounted 760 or 860 size hoe is a good thing to have.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #120  
Most modern tractors are today (aluminum pressure die castings) If properly gusseted internally, they are just fine but they will still crack under undue stress, but so will cast iron for that matter.
I believe that my old L275 had a cast iron housing, yet a friend had the same model tractor which had had the rear housing pulled off with a BH.
I used my Woods 750 behind my L3301 for a while. I thought that as long as I was careful I would be fine, but then realized how much twisting occurred when I was just going down the road with it.
I haven’t had it on in 2 years, I’ve got an old 8N which needs a head gasket, then it will become the BH carrier.