Aluminum equipment trailers.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #41  
We do during harvest season. On the other hand, knowing how to drive a stick with a high-low two-speed and hit the red and yellow air brakes is sort of a litmus test in its own right.

Locals make $30+ an hour during harvest season.
Farms here are exempt.

I had an uncle who drove short haul from Boston when I was growing up. 50 years without an accident. He saw a lot, and my comments about RVs reflect his opinions as a tractor trailer operator.

If we had to take the test and maintain our licenses, which a CDL driver has to take there would be a lot fewer drivers on the road. How many people can't even back into a parking spot?

/ Aluminum equipment trailers.
We do during harvest season. On the other hand, knowing how to drive a stick with a high-low two-speed and hit the red and yellow air brakes is sort of a litmus test in its own right.

Locals make $30+ an hour during harvest season.
So during harvest there is a no limit? How does that work? Is it just for ag? In ky farm plates up your gvw limit to 38k, but that doesn’t get you behind the wheel of loaded grain semi.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #45  
   / Aluminum equipment trailers.
Ok, so thats for class b and c. Basically a dump truck license. Wonder why they didnt include the class a.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #48  
Lol. Counterpoint, Do you think that retiring 65 year old city dwellers who have never piloted any heavy equipment before in their life should be allowed to hop in a 20 ton+ RV and just go for it with no training, education or certifications?

helluve lot safer than letting the 20somethings 😂. Im one of the ones that didnt grow up in the city. I had to ”cut my teeth“ with a sears riding mower and a Farmall A (when I started elementary school had to earn my keep) before I was allowed to use the JD730. Training was dont break nothing or hit anything. Was driving everything on the farm before high school but wasnt allowed on the blacktop. Breaking the rules didnt get you in time out either. Still not sure which was worse, getting the ruler from the nuns or waiting til dad got word of what Id done this time:sneaky:.

Last edited:
   / Aluminum equipment trailers. #49  
Haha very true. At least the 20-somethings can't afford an RV, let alone a car these days. Heck half of them don't even want to get a driver's license anymore.

I also had to learn my way on a Farmall A. Super-A, to be exact, so we had fancy hydraulic lift for the snow plow and rear hitch. Plus my folks would let me cruise their manual-trans Cherokee down the dirt roads sometimes once I was 13 or 14. My son, and my neighbors son are 9 and 12 respectively, and almost getting tall enough to reach pedals with confidence, so their time of learning is approaching.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #50  
When I took driver’s Ed the instructor said that the best drivers were those who were allowed to ride their tricycles inside when they were young.