Aluminum equipment trailers.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #51  
At least a RV is built to such crap standards that they blow up like there made from balsa wood when they touch anything.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers.
so i bought the suretrac 20’er. After all taxes it was $13k. I want the 22’ they offer but there is a back order of 8” channel and they cannot build anymore aluminum trailers for a good wile. There is only a handful of these 20’ trailers left within a 1000 miles, so i went ahead and jumped. When they start building again, and if i still feel 2’ would benefit me i may order one and sell this one. as you can expect, this large 2000lb trailer pulled like a dream on my 2 hour trip home. Zero vibration or bounce, or anything. Cant feel it back there. The adjustable trailer coupler had 5/8 bolts and was just too sloppy. The trailer bracket has 3/4 holes, i had to drill the cast coupler out 1/8” and it was not fun. Cast does not drill easy. But I now have 3/4 grade 8 bolts and it has very little play. I blame the trailer dealer for this one. I was super anxious about its placement so i pulled the mini x up on there and got my tongue weight at 1400lb.(tongue scale, worth every penny) and this is where it will ride. Trailer is front high cause its not on truck, had it loose to use scale.
3230D293-D3B7-4887-AA65-21138ADF307C.jpeg
Today we got iced out so i still haven’t pulled it loaded to see how it does. So far it seems built well And i can live with the ugly bland unpainted aluminum, especially with 12005lb payload. Got nice aluminum rims Too. It came with 4 of these tie down things, no way i can use them but they have a 6000lb rating. Kinda worthless to me.
F1BA8F2A-AF17-43F9-A7E2-F2AC04DA7601.jpeg

Need better weather. To get hitch height set and take for a trip. Will update.
oh yea, the fenders come off easy, just one hand knob and it comes right off. Good thing, there is only 3” of room on each side of the tracks to fender. All its going to take is one morning I’m in a hurry unloading…they are stiff and you can walk on them, but wont take a track pushing into them.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #53  
Nice looking trailer! And Excavator!

I agree on the tie-down points. The hardware might be rated to 6K, but they would pull out of the aluminum panels before that. With the rain and ice, did you feel that the deck was slippery?

There is like 10” square plates under those tie down points fyi.
Ice? It’s basically unloadable. I had all day off and didnt feel like chipping and beating on it so i could load up and start to get my tie down plan figured out. Wood deck would be the same but use a hammer or something and you could bust ice off. This deck is weird, its not a sheet, its extruded and has crevices the ice really attaches to.

Let’s hope. I should be able to pull it today loaded. Last time I had this short of a trailer it wiggled. I refuse to fight a trailer going down the road. My trailer I just got rid of pulled like a dream. The center of its axles were 175” from front of deck. This one is 139”. Fingers crossed. Will update.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #57  
Let’s hope. I should be able to pull it today loaded. Last time I had this short of a trailer it wiggled. I refuse to fight a trailer going down the road. My trailer I just got rid of pulled like a dream. The center of its axles were 175” from front of deck. This one is 139”. Fingers crossed. Will update.
We will be awaiting your report.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #58  
i use an aluminum trailer for cars but use steel "equipment trailer" for SS, mowers, etc. I don't think you'll be happy with Aluminum for heavy equipment

i use an aluminum trailer for cars but use steel "equipment trailer" for SS, mowers, etc. I don't think you'll be happy with Aluminum for heavy equipment
Really? majority of semi trailers are aluminum. If it wasnt for cost i would expect more people would go aluminu.

but those some people probably dont need aluminu, like concrete guys. I see them on the jobsite with fenders hanging off, holes in the deck, mismatched wheels…

thats not me.

So here is the bolts the dealer sent me home with. my last diamond c trailer was the same. The adjustable rail on the trailers are for 3/4 bolts but the couplers are sent with 5/8.

the coupler is a curt and are sent with 5/8, dealers just put them on. I drill them out, basically opening up the holes 1/16(1/8” total). This vid is after and with the 3/4 bolts. Now once it’s shimmed (I cut shims for each side to fill gap) and torqued to 150ftlb there will be zero movement. Never count on dealers.

(Added in edit) lol. My first edited video i combined the 2 with subtitle….I’m so video illiterate. also these bolts get torqued to 150ftlb.

Last edited: