Aluminum equipment trailers.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Anybody got one, like a 14k? Looking at getting a 14k suretrac. It has like a 12k payload capacity. i know steel can be abused abused, aluminum is good but seems to crack unexpectedly.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #2  
I have several aluminum trailers...one is a 14K Aluma equipment trailer.

You're correct, aluminum trailers can crack...not surprisingly often at a weld. They are not baby fragile, but they don't like to be "man-handled".

My dump trailer is steel trailer. Galvanized.

I personally like the looks, and HATE rust!

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #3  
I'd be concerned about cracking as well. My right or wrong opinion of these light trailer manufacturers is that they are mostly "seat of the pants" engineering. There's thousands of commercial over the road aluminum flatbeds, tankers, dumps and others, but there's only a few big companies that produce them and their designs, (through engineering) have figured out the "workarounds" for the shortcomings and characteristics of aluminum.
It seems that Diamond C is actually engineering trailers in this lighter market but I'm not aware of them making an aluminum trailer. 👍

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #4  
Are you looking at aluminum for the weight or the corrosion resistance?

/ Aluminum equipment trailers.
Weight. Payload on 22’ is 11900lb.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #6  
Aluminum, no thanks. I`ve dealt with that nightmare of never ending cracks in the past. Never again. I only buy steel now, because i wanna use it, not fix it.

Aluminum, no thanks. I`ve dealt with that nightmare of never ending cracks in the past. Never again. I only buy steel now, because i wanna use it, not fix it.
Thanks for all that info….

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #8  
Thanks for all that info….
Aluminum is fine, as long as you don`t have to run it hard everyday, or be at MAX capacity all the time.
Bumps and potholes in the roads, and all the non-stop flexing, WILL, eventually take its toll, and quickly.

Don`t ask me how i know this, lol

Aluminum is fine, as long as you don`t have to run it hard everyday, or be at MAX capacity all the time.
Bumps and potholes in the roads, and all the non-stop flexing, WILL, eventually take its toll, and quickly.

Don`t ask me how i know this, lol
I want to know, please. What brand, model, and what did you haul? I don’t pull a lot but when I do I will use up 11600 of the 11900 payload.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #10  
I want to know, please. What brand, model, and what did you haul? I don’t pull a lot but when I do I will use up 11600 of the 11900 payload.
Go over to youtube and search for aluminum trailers cracking and breaking apart. I don`t want to put brand names of trailers in here because some people will get totally butt hurt over it, so i`m not going to put myself out there for the beating. I`ve tried 3 brands of aluminum trailers, every one of them failed me. That`s all i`m willing to say. If aluminum is a must for you, just make sure you look for the research and problems with them vs steel, over carefully. All i can say, is that aluminum trailers just aren`t, for me. Now that`s not to say that there aren`t crappie steel trailers out there either, because there are. Stick with who has the best warranty and customer service, you may need it.