TYM 494 or Branson 4820

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #61  
I have a feeling RK has no idea what they are selling… my TYM dealers are very knowledgeable and very nice. I just think I’m leaning toward the 4820 instead of the 494.

I wish I could say the same of our local TYM dealer.

I can't imagine you'd ever regret a 20 series, they are extremely well built.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #62  
If you want to play semantics, I am fairly certain that they do not use plastic. It is a fiberglass composite, much like many cars (and JD tractors) use. :)

RK doesn't do business in Texas, so I cannot compare them in person. My understanding is they use the same engines, but there are a few components that are different. I thought I read somewhere (or saw a video) that RK uses a different seat.

When given a choice, I would not buy a rebadged piece of equipment over the one sold directly by the manufacturer.

Put me in the camp that says an RK is a TYM, but a TYM is not an RK (RK has zero input into a TYM tractor).

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820
If you want to play semantics, I am fairly certain that they do not use plastic. It is a fiberglass composite, much like many cars (and JD tractors) use. :)

RK doesn't do business in Texas, so I cannot compare them in person. My understanding is they use the same engines, but there are a few components that are different. I thought I read somewhere (or saw a video) that RK uses a different seat.

When given a choice, I would not buy a rebadged piece of equipment over the one sold directly by the manufacturer.

Put me in the camp that says an RK is a TYM, but a TYM is not an RK (RK has zero input into a TYM tractor).
The RK 55, which is the rebadged TYM 574, uses the Yanmar, whereas TYM is using the Kukje or as it is known now, the TYM diesel… or also known as the A series Cummins. I think all RKs are still Yanmar, and TYM has been using the A series in many of its units

The RK37 uses the same Yanmar as its TYM badged sibling, the T394

Last edited:
   / TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #64  
The RK 55, which is the rebadged TYM 574, uses the Yanmar, whereas TYM is using the Kukje or as it is known now, the TYM diesel… or also known as the A series Cummins. I think all RKs are still Yanmar, and TYM has been using the A series in many of its units

The RK37 uses the same Yanmar as its TYM badged sibling, the T394
I'm curious, would that not make the RK the same as the T554? It is the same frame as the T574, but with the Yanmar engine.

I'm curious, would that not make the RK the same as the T554? It is the same frame as the T574, but with the Yanmar engine.
I suppose it would 😂

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #66  
Perhaps the newer models switched to plastic?
In the interest of being current you need to read up on the transition from Branson to TYM branding. Bluntly stated, the FB Branson Compact tractor Group has current dealer sourced information towards this notion. It covers warranty, dealer changeovers and much more. There are great members herein but honestly I've seen far more mechanical info, parts info, modifications info. etc., from the FB group.
I'm not trying to be negative at all but much more activity there towards Branson discussions. Many are a "see my new first tractor picture posts", but also many with serious, useful content. I have owned my Branson 4820 since Sept. 2021 and bought it used with ~ 78 hours, only previously used for haying and really like the machine. I would buy it again. A number of dealers monitor that FB group.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #67  
Just stopped by RK and you are right , Plastic hoods and mostly plastic fenders, Some models Had completely different fender materials, Some had part metal part plastic, I stand corrected.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #68  
In the interest of being current you need to read up on the transition from Branson to TYM branding. Bluntly stated, the FB Branson Compact tractor Group has current dealer sourced information towards this notion. It covers warranty, dealer changeovers and much more. There are great members herein but honestly I've seen far more mechanical info, parts info, modifications info. etc., from the FB group.
I'm not trying to be negative at all but much more activity there towards Branson discussions. Many are a "see my new first tractor picture posts", but also many with serious, useful content. I have owned my Branson 4820 since Sept. 2021 and bought it used with ~ 78 hours, only previously used for haying and really like the machine. I would buy it again. A number of dealers monitor that FB group.
Could not pay me to use FB. Also, don't care how many dealers monitor it. The biggest Branson dealer has a connection here...they also happen to be one I have visited a few times as they are between city house and my land. I trust them more than any leaches trolling FB. In my book, volume does not equate to quality. Not trying to be negative. :)

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #69  
Could not pay me to use FB. Also, don't care how many dealers monitor it. The biggest Branson dealer has a connection here...they also happen to be one I have visited a few times as they are between city house and my land. I trust them more than any leaches trolling FB. In my book, volume does not equate to quality. Not trying to be negative. :)
THe T494 would be my next tractor if my wife would say go for it, Lots of features for a good price .

THe T494 would be my next tractor if my wife would say go for it, Lots of features for a good price .
I sure liked driving it. I do wish it had the bulk in the rear that the 4820 has. Still, who knows, maybe I’ll still bring a T494 home