TYM 494 or Branson 4820

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820
The TYM engine is the Kukje… My dealer said that most folks want the tractors with the IDI (Kukje) engine. They prefer not to have CDI (Yanmar)

Options? There aren’t really many options on the tractor. On the Branson, the remotes are an option, but most dealers around here order them that way. Aside from that, hydro is likely… though that’s not really a huge concern of mine and it’s only about $1000 as an option.

Will admit. The TYM has the rear 3pt lever, and draft control to boot.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #43  
I find that I do not need to be all that exact with the lift arms when I am hooking up an implement. When you extend the extensible arms there's some up and down play. And nothing other than their weight is holding the arms down. I usually set them a little below the pins on the implement and just lift the non adjustable arm up with one hand while putting the pin in with the other. I have top and tilt connected to the factory remotes with the levers beside the seat. I can reach the levers from behind the tractor so I use the tilt cylinder to get the second arm at the right level for the pin to go in.

It would not be too hard to make a rear remote lever for the position control but I have not felt a need for it. With an open station it's easy to walk a couple steps to where I can reach the lever. A tractor with a cab might be different.

I find that I do not need to be all that exact with the lift arms when I am hooking up an implement. When you extend the extensible arms there's some up and down play. And nothing other than their weight is holding the arms down. I usually set them a little below the pins on the implement and just lift the non adjustable arm up with one hand while putting the pin in with the other. I have top and tilt connected to the factory remotes with the levers beside the seat. I can reach the levers from behind the tractor so I use the tilt cylinder to get the second arm at the right level for the pin to go in.

It would not be too hard to make a rear remote lever for the position control but I have not felt a need for it. With an open station it's easy to walk a couple steps to where I can reach the lever. A tractor with a cab might be different.
Did you ever consider a quick hitch? I’ll only have three implements, so I thought maybe it would be useful. They will all be new, so I can ensure they are all compatible

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #45  
Did you ever consider a quick hitch? I’ll only have three implements, so I thought maybe it would be useful. They will all be new, so I can ensure they are all compatible
Get telescoping lift arms and wait to see if you need a quick hitch. My tractor has the telescoping arms and I decided that I didn’t need a quick hitch.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #46  
Get telescoping lift arms and wait to see if you need a quick hitch. My tractor has the telescoping arms and I decided that I didn’t need a quick hitch.
Or better yet:

IMG_20210610_153341.jpg

These Euro hooks come standard on Branson models in Europe. Wondering if TYM will retain that in the future and eventually add them to the TYM models as well.

Both come with the adjustable link arms. So probably unnecessary. All of the implements will be on rolling skids in the barn too (lockable wheels) so they will all be level when attaching.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #48  
Both come with the adjustable link arms. So probably unnecessary. All of the implements will be on rolling skids in the barn too (lockable wheels) so they will all be level when attaching.
If that’s the case, I doubt that you’ll ever need a quick hitch. Save the money. You can always buy one later if you decide you want one. That’s the advice my dealer gave me, and in my case, he was right.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #49  

I did but between the extensible links and top and tilt, I don't feel a need for the quick hitch. And it would make the implements stick out another 4" or so which I did not want. Sometimes I work in close quarters. There's a steep short ramp going out of the barn and the chipper, which is the longest implement, needs to be raised to the max and tilted up in order to clear.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #50  
The draw to the Branson really is the lack of ECM engine control... I’m a member or a few brand specific forums, and daily there are posts about tractors being in limp mode, doing regens every 2 hours, etc.
I also hate that the TYM is really an RK tractor with a different motor (the 494 anyhow has the Kukje). Why? Because I drive by an RK regularly and the pink plastic hoods drive me nuts. Now, my tractor will be in an insulated pole barn... still. Maybe one day I’ll find a tractor to test drive... it’s just not that easy nowadays.

What did your neighbor replace it with?
You have it backward the RK is built by TYM. Their hoods are not plastic either, The RK and TYM have the same motor as well , THe TYm built mahindras have a different motor.