TYM 494 or Branson 4820

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #23  
Can someone further explain the benefits of the kukje engine emissions equipment? Same engine in the Branson and tym it seems.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #24  
Kukje uses a low temp continual regen. That works pretty well for most people in most circumstances, but it has been a problem for a few in cold climated whose machines don't get run hard. They added a mechanism to do operator commanded regens. It uses an exhaust valve in the tailpipe to keep heat in the DPF.

All this allows them to keep using the well proven mechanical injection with indirect injection and a clone of the Bosch VE pump. If it ever goes bad there should be plenty of people who can fix it.

With the models that can't do regens the only electronics are the data recorder which monitors the DPF. You can unplug the data recorder and it runs fine. With the update to regens, the instrument panel is also electronic and is a little more integrated with the data recorder. Now if you unplug the data recorder there's a light on the instrument panel that won't go out. I think it's a trouble light of some sort. Mine's an older no regen model, so I'm going off someone else's post and might be remembering it wrong.

If I had my choice I'd prefer the newer regen-capable model. My 3725 has been flawless for 320 hours but initially I was worried that I might have DPF problems. Evidently I was worrying about nothing, it's been fine.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820
Congrats! What was your deciding factor with the 4820 over the 494?
After looking at both the 20 series and the 494… I prefer the rear axles and housing on the 4820. It is heavier built. I prefer the 4-range hydro, to the 3- range on the 494. The 20 series has 8 bolt hubs, not 6. Overall, it just seems like it has a more robust build than the 494 does.
Im sure I’d be happy with either, but side by side, for the same cost, the 20 series offers more IMHO