TYM 494 or Branson 4820

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820
The 4820 with dual remotes which are optional is $31,800 here. The T494 is $29,000. The question is… it is worth $2,800 more for the 4820… he can order up a new one as soon as I say “go”. 💁

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #72  
The 4820 with dual remotes which are optional is $31,800 here. The T494 is $29,000. The question is… it is worth $2,800 more for the 4820… he can order up a new one as soon as I say “go”. 💁
For an extra range in the transmission, overall heavier duty construction and two speed PTO (540/540E with Neutral position that helps connection PTO shafts)? I say absolutely, and I'm not even counting other stuff that I'm forgetting now.

For an extra range in the transmission, overall heavier duty construction and two speed PTO (540/540E with Neutral position that helps connection PTO shafts)? I say absolutely, and I'm not even counting other stuff that I'm forgetting now.
Yeah, that’s what I’m telling my wife 😁

I should say, this for the 4820H open station.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #75  
Hoping into the way-back machine, to the time that I first decided to upgrade from my subcompact, I first looked at machines closer to this size. As you folks may remember, my nearest Branson and TYM dealer are on the same street; well, I fell in love with the Branson 3620h McCormick X1.35H and dragged the wife with me to look them over. On more than one occasion. Over time, I came to realize that a machine of that size would not fit in my garage, so I branched out. Eventually I brought the wife to the TYM dealer, to look at campers, oh and tractors- since we're there. She informed me that we were not buying a TYM, and that she, having been dragged to look at Kioti, Kubota, Branson, LS, McCormick, Massey Ferguson, and Yanmar, did not feel they measured up to the other brands.

She'd been quite patient with me up to that point, plus, that was the day she realized she wanted me to have a grapple. So I wasn't about to argue; frankly my qualm is with my dealer, and I think TYM has come a long way since I started paying attention to them about a decade ago. Of course, all the Korean manufacturers have come leaps and bounds over the last 20 years.

Well, there, there is my rambling contribution to this thread, the only connection I have between these two machines. 🤣

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #78  
I am thinking about bumping up to the T574. As I look at the 72" attachments, it just seems like I may need a touch more PTO HP.

We have Spring Break in Mid March. I think I will try to shoot for then for delivery since I can be out there. I'm taking off on 2-1 to see if I can secure a trailer and order the tractor.

I am thinking about bumping up to the T574. As I look at the 72" attachments, it just seems like I may need a touch more PTO HP.

We have Spring Break in Mid March. I think I will try to shoot for then for delivery since I can be out there. I'm taking off on 2-1 to see if I can secure a trailer and order the tractor.
My tiller will require the most HP, and I’ve seen folks running it on 32 PTO HP. I’m thinking the 40+ of the 48HP tractor will run it great. I considered the 574, or 5520… but honestly I think I could run my implements with a smaller unit already. These guys are about 35 miles away, and can deliver with the tiller already attached. I am going to have to find reasons to play with it until spring.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #80  
My tiller will require the most HP, and I’ve seen folks running it on 32 PTO HP. I’m thinking the 40+ of the 48HP tractor will run it great. I considered the 574, or 5520… but honestly I think I could run my implements with a smaller unit already. These guys are about 35 miles away, and can deliver with the tiller already attached. I am going to have to find reasons to play with it until spring.
I have found that it really doesn’t take much pto HP to run a tiller, unless the ground is really hard. Especially not with a HST tractor that can run 540 pto speed RPMs, with really slow ground speed.