TYM 494 or Branson 4820

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820
You have it backward the RK is built by TYM. Their hoods are not plastic either, The RK and TYM have the same motor as well , THe TYm built mahindras have a different motor.
I have it right. The RK is a TYM, just like a TYM is an RK, just as I said. And yes, they both have plastic hoods and fenders.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #52  
You stated that the TYm is really an RK tractor and actually the RK is made by TYM And i have 2 TYM built tractors and am at rural king weekly and look at their tractors and their hoods and fenders are not plastic,

You stated that the TYm is really an RK tractor and actually the RK is made by TYM And i have 2 TYM built tractors and am at rural king weekly and look at their tractors and their hoods and fenders are not plastic,
Then your RK has different tractors than mine, because ours are certifiably plastic. Any review I see, also states as such. The only difference is the power plant that RK has in theirs. And the TYM is an RK… because they are from the same mfg. Semantics

Last edited:
   / TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #54  
I have watched dozens of reviews on TYM and RK tractors and cannot remember anyone mentioning plastic hoods or fenders , as i said i own 2 TYM built tractors and they have metal hoods and fenders , THey do have a plastic fender skirt i guess you could say, I will stop at the RK and check the hoods tommorrow,

I have watched dozens of reviews on TYM and RK tractors and cannot remember anyone mentioning plastic hoods or fenders , as i said i own 2 TYM built tractors and they have metal hoods and fenders , THey do have a plastic fender skirt i guess you could say, I will stop at the RK and check the hoods tommorrow,
What model TYM do you own? If you are talking about your Mahindras, those are a completely different animal. The TYM branded tractors have plastic everything, as well as the RKs. I’ve been test driving TYMs the past two weeks.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #56  
Then your RK has different tractors than mine, because ours are certifiably plastic. Any review I see, also states as such. The only difference is the power plant that RK has in theirs. And the TYM is an RK… because they are from the same mfg. Semantics

All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. All RK tractors are TYM, but not all TYM tractors are RK.

All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. All RK tractors are TYM, but not all TYM tractors are RK.
Yes, but the TYM and RK are the identcal tractor, aside from the power plant, identical. Well, and the hood emblem. Should specify before I’m corrected about the hood emblem too 😂

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #58  
Yes, but the TYM and RK are the identcal tractor, aside from the power plant, identical. Well, and the hood emblem. Should specify before I’m corrected about the heed emblem too 😂

I'd like to see a salesman from each brand try to argue the finer points of their respective tractor over the other. 🤣

I'd like to see a salesman from each brand try to argue the finer points of their respective tractor over the other. 🤣
I have a feeling RK has no idea what they are selling… my TYM dealers are very knowledgeable and very nice. I just think I’m leaning toward the 4820 instead of the 494.

/ TYM 494 or Branson 4820 #60  
What model TYM do you own? If you are talking about your Mahindras, those are a completely different animal. The TYM branded tractors have plastic everything, as well as the RKs. I’ve been test driving TYMs the past two weeks.
Perhaps the newer models switched to plastic?