TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #21  
I may have posted this before but in that case, here I go again LOL:

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #22  
The pre-mix would have to be awesome before I spent that kind of money. But if a person only uses 2-3 quarts a year, it may be worth it...if it works well.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #23  
I like the Tru-Fuel cans and try to keep a couple of them around for when I have to lend a saw to my sons. eliminates the worry of them "straight gassing" the saw. They are also handy when I anticipate the job may require more than a saw tank of fuel but less than a gallon. And they are easy to refill with my own mix. But to my dismay they start rusting on top after about 6 years.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #24  
I use the pre-mix for the big saws and use E10 as nothing else is available outside airports for the rest. Usually mixed with red armor and Sta-Bil.
So far no problems. Some of the engines are over 15 years in use.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #25  
One thing that video dont show.
Always tune your OPE to your mix and ratio run period. Oils are different and gas is different. Tune to what you run.
Heck tune can change in same day for those that pay attention to such stuff because of weather from morning to evening.
But I am guessing most folks have no clue how to tune and why they run as is. Also why they come out with AT MT and Injection IMHO. ;)

Learn your OPE and the H L I and how to tune.

pcarbsss.jpg

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #26  
Always tune your OPE to your mix and ratio run period. Oils are different and gas is different. Tune to what you run.
Heck tune can change in same day for those that pay attention to such stuff because of weather from morning to evening.
But I am guessing most folks have no clue how to tune and why they run as is. Also why they come out with AT MT and Injection IMHO. ;)

View attachment 781980
Great reply! Is there a video you can recommend for that subject? 👍🏻☮️✌🏻

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??

View attachment 781980
EXACTLY.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #28  
After reading this thread, I decided to order a 6 pack ($40) of the quart TruFuel mix. I use my backpack blower to move light snow and the blower has not been running well in the cold. It is -6 degrees this morning.

The fuel I have been using was mixed 6 months ago and has Stabil in it so I assumed it would be OK. Will see if it makes a difference.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #29  

View attachment 781980
A lot of the new saws use special screws for the High and low speed mixtures. EPA requires it. I had to buy a special splined screwdriver just to tune my newest chainsaw. I'm sure a lot of people having problems with their saws just need to adjust the carb but don't have the screwdriver required.
Easy money for a service shop.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??
After reading this thread, I decided to order a 6 pack ($40) of the quart TruFuel mix. I use my backpack blower to move light snow and the blower has not been running well in the cold. It is -6 degrees this morning.

The fuel I have been using was mixed 6 months ago and has Stabil in it so I assumed it would be OK. Will see if it makes a difference.
Only the BLUE marine stabil works. Having really good results with the 50-1 Trufuel in my saws btw. Home Depot sells it in gallons and 2.5 gallon cans. Lowes has it in gallons too. Farm and Fleet has the Red Armor and the Trufuel bit only in quarts. Less in gallons price wise.

-4 here this am...lol.