Tooth bar?

/ Tooth bar? #31  
Post #27 shows my bucket and tooth bar. I've used it to dig - gently. Not much any more. My situation - I have from "0" to ten plus feet" of soil over SOLID basaltic lava bedrock. If I'm not very careful - the tooth bar could get hooked on the bedrock - resulting in SOMETHING being damaged. It's just not worth it.

SO........ I gather up with the rear blade or use the scarifiers on the ROBB to dig - scoop up with the bucket. Nothing ever gets damaged.

Besides - the thought of even trying to dig out one of my ancient Ponderosa pines - ludicrous. They run 24" to 42" on the base.

Yes - I've sure found my M6040 to be a very worthy machine. After 15 years - everything still works as it did brand new.

/ Tooth bar? #32  
a heavy duty tooth bar on a heavy duty utility tractor is a win situation. assuming the operator knows when to let up in a bind. extracted many a boulder from field & moved earth on dams thanks to the hd Woods bar... as far as back dragging, i just use the heel rather than blade, regards

/ Tooth bar? #33  
When you said tooth bar I was thinking of the piranha tooth
bar is what I use for removing cactus. For stumps small ones
1705988670899.png

It has the cutting edges

willy

/ Tooth bar?
Just got my Piranha tooth bar. I'm going to attack that stump as soon as the frost melts, wish me luck.

/ Tooth bar? #36  
Maybe a little late, but since you plan to build a shed over the site, had you considered just renting a stump grinder for a day?

/ Tooth bar? #37  
I didn't read all 4 pages and I hate being a negative Nancy because there too many of them around TBN already but... You are going to have a heck of a time digging out 10" stumps that are 4 " high. I had a stump bucket (that I now sold because stump digging is hell on a FEL) and I had a hard enough time digging out trees that were 6" dia. and 4 feet high. Don't do it! Nothing but heartache in that life.

/ Tooth bar?
Maybe a little late, but since you plan to build a shed over the site, had you considered just renting a stump grinder for a day?
It's on a little bit of an incline so I prefer to remove it, if possible. Otherwise, the shed will be higher than I would like it to be.

/ Tooth bar?
I didn't read all 4 pages and I hate being a negative Nancy because there too many of them around TBN already but... You are going to have a heck of a time digging out 10" stumps that are 4 " high. I had a stump bucket (that I now sold because stump digging is hell on a FEL) and I had a hard enough time digging out trees that were 6" dia. and 4 feet high. Don't do it! Nothing but heartache in that life.
It's an 8" maple, if I can't dig it out then I will cut it a low as possible and build over it. But I'm going to give it a go first. I will report back with my success, or failure!
I still have other uses for the tooth bar, so I won't regret the purchase.

Last edited:
   / Tooth bar? #40  
It's an 8" maple, if I can't dig it out then I will cut it a low as possible and fill build over it. But I'm going to give it a go first. I will report back with my success, or failure!
I still have other uses for the tooth bar, so I won't regret the purchase.
I would love a Piranha toothbar, they look super handy. You will definitely use it!
All I can say is take your time with the stump digging. I broke my QA plate doing it, thankfully it was a bad weld and was covered under warranty.