Tooth bar vs none difference?

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #31  
Very nice!! Replaceable teeth looks like too. You will like it alot!

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #32  
It arrived early! It's heavy, and pretty heavy duty. The fit is... snug. I picked 48", my bucket is 48.5" wide, and I had to get out my motivational hammer to get it into place. The gaps under the hooks have what looks like enough space that I should be able to put a 1/4" piece of flat bar under the bucket and weld it into place.

The down side is it's raining the next 2 days, then freezing.

YVzsuZY.jpg

Motivational hammer.... Love it !
I just ordered a Piranha Tooth Bar, mostly for shaving off some soil for 2 upcoming projects.
Enjoy the tooth bar!

/ Tooth bar vs none difference?
Looks good. I wonder if tire chains would help at all with the traction or just tear up your turf tires?
The tires are dry rotted to hell and due for replacement, I want to replace them with R4's, but I can't find them in the right size.
Very nice!! Replaceable teeth looks like too. You will like it alot!
The teeth are replaceable but I can't imagine them wearing out in my lifetime.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #34  
Let us know how you like it after you've used it

/ Tooth bar vs none difference?
I replaced the bolts it came with with grade 8 bolts of an appropriate length when the 4th one stripped just putting the nut on.

Took it out and once i figured out the proper angles, digging went great. And I hit them pretty hard, and nothing broke. My next weak point became apparent though, traction. But it dug in well and I made some decent progress.

szsWDFK.jpg

mrosZvy.jpg

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #36  
Motivational hammer.... Love it !
I just ordered a Piranha Tooth Bar, mostly for shaving off some soil for 2 upcoming projects.
Enjoy the tooth bar!
I’ve had one for about 8 years now and in shale country mine has but one small nick in one serrated tooth. Do grab that can of red or orange paint and paint the tips of both outboard teeth. Your body will appreciate it later as you step too quickly across the front and get too close. It also helps you avoid ramming it into things as they stick out past the bucket lip if turning in close quarters🫣

The bar itself is fantastic within its machines limitations. I like the way it sort of holds some of the old horse poo and hay that tends to fall out when I lift. Whatever this is made of it hates to rust. It’s been in cold barn weather since 2015 here in the Arctic Swamp of NewYorkistan and there is only light surface rust just starting. Strange🤔

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #37  
My whole tractor is orange and I still bust my knees or head on it.
It's a pain like no other! I tied yellow caution tape to my ssqa auger after walking into it several times.
I look forward to some grading work with the tooth bar this spring.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #38  
have a Woods hd bar bolted on mine that i haven't removed since tractor purchase. go as heavy duty as possible. to me having one is like the difference between a round & square nosed shovel

operators probably already know FEL is not meant for excavation esp with a small sub compact your size. but do think a bar would help in your application
like the idea of back dragging as well. to me taking a speedy run to the pile is hard overall on the drive train, regards

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #39  
...............To me having one is like the difference between a round & square nosed shovel
.................like the idea of back dragging as well.
👍

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #40  
The old style bar with long teeth work really well for hard soil. The piranha style is better for cutting and ripping roots and vegetation.
Just got my Piranha tooth bar, specifically for ripping some roots where I plan to build a shed. I asked on here about using it on roots to an 8" Maple tree stump and got answers that it wouldn't work, well we'll see soon. I'm just waiting for the frost to thaw.

Last edited: