Thinkin about..

/ Thinkin about.. #92  
   / Thinkin about.. #93  
Agree. Never saw them market their saws in stores!
I'd probably own a Dolmar/Makita saw by now, if there were decent servicing dealers in my area.

/ Thinkin about.. #94  
I saw two in Corrupticut. One was a big logging supply shop that sold Husky and Jonsered as well. The other was a small lawnmower shop.

A couple buddies of mine had them. They didn't seem to hold up to commercial use long.

/ Thinkin about.. #95  
I saw two in Corrupticut. One was a big logging supply shop that sold Husky and Jonsered as well. The other was a small lawnmower shop.

A couple buddies of mine had them. They didn't seem to hold up to commercial use long.
The pro level Dolmar saws (and the better Makitas which were just relabled Dolmar, once Makita bought them out) had good reputations. Like every saw maker, they also made some saws which were not intended for full-time commercial use. I wonder what models your buddies were using?

About the only knock I heard against the pro Dolmar/Makita saws were that they weighed a bit more than pro saws from some other manufacturers.

/ Thinkin about.. #96  
Their poor marketing and lack of dealers didn't help.
Prior to 2015 when Makita took Dolmar in house there was 6 within a 20 mile radius of me. And Makita killed off all of them except 1.
Home Depot
I'd probably own a Dolmar/Makita saw by now, if there were decent servicing dealers in my area.
Makita killed their own market by killing off their own dealers. Similar to a product that I used to use from Walmart that was never in stock. And the reason they gave for not stocking it was they didn't sell enough. So by not stocking it they didn't sell it and since they didn't sell it they didn't stock it.

/ Thinkin about.. #97  
The pro level Dolmar saws (and the better Makitas which were just relabled Dolmar, once Makita bought them out) had good reputations. Like every saw maker, they also made some saws which were not intended for full-time commercial use. I wonder what models your buddies were using?

About the only knock I heard against the pro Dolmar/Makita saws were that they weighed a bit more than pro saws from some other manufacturers.
Dolmar was the only saw manufacturer that offered a 2 year commercial warranty. How many of the other saw makers would offer a 2 year warranty to a logger. At one time Stihl warranty on all saws larger than the 034 had a 90 day warranty no matter how it was used,. Homeowner or logger.

/ Thinkin about.. #98  

Home Depot

Out local Home Depot had Makita saws in their equipment rental program, but they did not sell them (other than selling their used rental equipment every couple of years). If I recall correctly, they may have sold the lower end (and possibly mid-range) Husqvarna at one point, but I believe they have since switched to Echo for gas chainsaws. (Echo does make some solid saws, but I have not looked at what models the local Home Depot carries - I won't buy a saw from HD. I prefer to support someone who services what they sell.)

/ Thinkin about.. #100  
Everyone throw away their non Stihl saws. A Youtube celebrity said so. Man this site cracks me up.
You didn't watch the video, that is obvioius. The guy from "Project Farm" does an excellent job comparing all sorts of products. I am guessing he has an engineering background given his methods for testing. He is not a celebrity. I have used Stihl's for 40 years. There is nothing better although they are the most expensive. I have never had one not start and their chains are great. No one said to throw away their chainsaws. It just depends on your budget and how one plans on using their saws.