Thinkin about..

/ Thinkin about.. #111  
Never had an issue with my 262s . No issues with my 346s or 357s either. Then again, I had good luck the the t540, first gen 550 and 562 that everyone supposedly had issues with.

I like Husqvarna saws (at least once you get toward the pro end of their product range). I'll admit I'm biased because both my mother's parents were from Sweden.
The problem in my area is that all of the Husqvarna servicing dealers seem to be disappearing (or in the case of a local John Deere tractor dealership - are being forced by the corporate offices to switch to Stihl). I don't often need service, but it's nice to know it's available if needed.

/ Thinkin about.. #112  
Out local Home Depot had Makita saws in their equipment rental program, but they did not sell them (other than selling their used rental equipment every couple of years). If I recall correctly, they may have sold the lower end (and possibly mid-range) Husqvarna at one point, but I believe they have since switched to Echo for gas chainsaws. (Echo does make some solid saws, but I have not looked at what models the local Home Depot carries - I won't buy a saw from HD. I prefer to support someone who services what they sell.)
That’s where I got my makitas!

/ Thinkin about.. #113  
I saw two in Corrupticut. One was a big logging supply shop that sold Husky and Jonsered as well. The other was a small lawnmower shop.

A couple buddies of mine had them. They didn't seem to hold up to commercial use long.
Mine have held up extremely well. I would take another in a heartbeat.
Sad to see them go. They screamed.

/ Thinkin about.. #114  
I like Husqvarna saws (at least once you get toward the pro end of their product range). I'll admit I'm biased because both my mother's parents were from Sweden.
The problem in my area is that all of the Husqvarna servicing dealers seem to be disappearing (or in the case of a local John Deere tractor dealership - are being forced by the corporate offices to switch to Stihl). I don't often need service, but it's nice to know it's available if needed.
It's my understanding that saw shops have to sell a certain amount of units each year to keep their Husky franchise. That's even more difficult when places like Tractor Supply are selling the same brand... athough I have no idea what model and don't really care.

/ Thinkin about.. #115  
It's my understanding that saw shops have to sell a certain amount of units each year to keep their Husky franchise. That's even more difficult when places like Tractor Supply are selling the same brand... athough I have no idea what model and don't really care.
TSC is not selling pro saws. Just some homeowner and farm saws. XPs you have to go to the dealer. Same with parts and service. Might as well go to the dealer.

/ Thinkin about.. #116  
I've never had to take mine back to the dealer and both of mine are autotune electronic carbs. I run them often. We only have a few husky dealers and even less that are any good.

Our market is flooded with Stihl but I just don't care for them. I've bought several and sold them in a week or two.

I haven't cared for stihl since the model #started with 0. With the exception of the ms200t.

/ Thinkin about.. #117  
I've never had to take mine back to the dealer and both of mine are autotune electronic carbs. I run them often. We only have a few husky dealers and even less that are any good.

Our market is flooded with Stihl but I just don't care for them. I've bought several and sold them in a week or two.

I haven't cared for stihl since the model #started with 0. With the exception of the ms200t.
My 545 was autotune and never ran right. It wouldn't idle, which is a pain when walking up a tree on snowshoes, limbing it. I was restarting it several times per tree, holding the throttle open and drop starting it. I took it back where I bought it multiple times but he couldn't find anything wrong with it. I had a brand new saw but was cutting with an old Poulan.
Eventually a tree fell on it...

Since then somebody here has told me that the fix was to simply hold it wide open for a few minutes which would reset or adjust the computer. I don't know if that's true or not, and I don't cut enough to justify the price of another Husky so have two Echos instead.

/ Thinkin about.. #119  
My 545 was autotune and never ran right. It wouldn't idle, which is a pain when walking up a tree on snowshoes, limbing it. I was restarting it several times per tree, holding the throttle open and drop starting it. I took it back where I bought it multiple times but he couldn't find anything wrong with it. I had a brand new saw but was cutting with an old Poulan.
Eventually a tree fell on it...

Since then somebody here has told me that the fix was to simply hold it wide open for a few minutes which would reset or adjust the computer. I don't know if that's true or not, and I don't cut enough to justify the price of another Husky so have two Echos instead.
That was the self adjust procedure straight from the service manual. Had to run full throttle without letting off the trigger if I remember correctly was 3 minutes. If you let off you had to start all over again.

/ Thinkin about.. #120  
That was the self adjust procedure straight from the service manual. Had to run full throttle without letting off the trigger if I remember correctly was 3 minutes. If you let off you had to start all over again.
I believe that 3 minutes at full throttle is also supposed to be under load, isn't it? (I imagine the reset might work with no load, but I would not want to run a chansaw wide open for more than a few seconds without a load.)

It does make me wonder what happens for someone who is chainsaw milling with one of these saws. Those runs can easily go three minutes