3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain?

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #21  
And people won't believe it until you convince them to try it. If somebody is running a 50cc size saw with the 3/8 chain by putting a full skip you can really bring that saw to life.
3/8chain is good for most applications. I run all kinds of lengths with 3/8. 32 36 42. Full skip is a hazardous kickback professional chain that casual firewood cutters don't really need. Full complement chain is safer and smoother. ya don't need some wildass hotrod saw to cut firewood. Full comp, chaps and glasses will make your day a lot safer..

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #22  
I don't do much cutting except for trail maintenance, but I have a stack of .325 chains that I keep sharp and an old Stihl 025 that refuses to die.

I always thought that when i needed to replace it, I'd go up to a 3/8" - but can you tell me why you hate the .325 size? I'm curious. I do feel like they have to be sharpened more often, but I can't think of anything else to complain about them.

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #23  
.325 is better for cutting brush and small (a few inches) trees. It's less grabby than either 3/8 or 3/8LP. It suits the 025 well- that's what's on mine.

Some people who are milling with huge saws run 3/8LP (pico) which is thinner than .325. It cuts faster due to the narrow kerf.