Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms?

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #1  

Traderdell

Tractor
JD
Was close to pulling the trigger on a B2601 this week then spent some time exploring the different options between a B2601 and a B2650. The B2601 as I optioned it had a quick hitch @<450.

The B2650 comes with 3 point extendable arms. There is, according to the build it feature on Kubota痴 web site approximately $1250 between the two. Removing the quick hitch brings the difference to around $800.

My question is does having the 3 point extendable arms at least somewhat the need for a quick hitch. It would also, I believe, make unnecessary the need to worry about implement QH compatibility.

If any of this makes any sense then the B2650 seems like a lot more tractor for a $800 difference.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #2  
I'd get the extendable draft arms AND a quick hitch (check out the farm hand one...very nice). Use the quick hitch all the time unless you have a b a s t a r d implement that isn't QH compatible then you'll like the extendable draft arms. Most, but not all, implements made in the last 10-15 years will be QH compatible or at least very close. Typically you can find a top hook position that will allow the implement to fit nicely on your QH. Also some implements have 2 holes for the top link that you can switcheroo to make the tool fit properly on your QH.

Once you experience the joys of a QH you won't want to go back to the old way.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #3  
A lot is personal preference. I had a cheap QH (<$150) and bent it using my last 6’ box blade. Then the pins on my blade were slightly bent and it would never line up right after that. I had a heck of a time getting it to work on my cutter as well, the top would never line up correctly. Maybe an actual Kubota, JD, or other brand name QH would work better.

Fast forward to my next tractor that extendable link arms and pins on the sway arms. Much easier IMO than messing with the QH. QH was in such bad shape I tossed it when we moved.

If your implements have a pins that go through two pieces of metal (having a brain fart for the terminology) rather than just sticking out to the side, they won’t bend and you won’t have issues with the QH. In the future I’d pay more for my implements learning this.

I have no issues hitching my 7’ box blade that weights ~750# with the telescoping arms, nor my 5’ cutter. I haven’t done it yet on my new tractor (l6060) but knowing the sequence that works for me I can hitch in less than 5 minutes. Granted a QH may be faster, but as I said I just found them more cumbersome personally and gave up.

Personally I’d spend the money now on the better tractor if you need it and get a QH later if you want one. That’s an easy add. Just my 2 cents.

Matt

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #4  
I like the extendable arms. They work, everything fits and I don't have to remove the QH when an implement doesn't fit or won't work with it on. In theory, I suppose I should want a QH, I just don't ever get around to needing it enough to buy it.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #5  
Never had a "quick hitch" but I was in heaven with my 1st tractor with the extending lift arms. Some guy's seem to love the q/h but it seem's that it's a gamble as to what attachments they'll fit or work with. At that point your removing & re-attaching (the q/h) 2 implements just to hook up one in my thinking.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #6  
I also like the extendable lower link arms.
I bought a quick hitch at one time. Nearly all of my attachments would have needed modified to fit properly.
Also with the quick hitch my finish mowers and brush mowers the top link couldn't swing through to let the mowers float through uneven terrain, so all the mowers would have needed modified for that as well.
I gave the quick hitch to my dad. He never used it either. Same issues.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #7  
I also like the extendable lower link arms.
I bought a quick hitch at one time. Nearly all of my attachments would have needed modified to fit properly.
Also with the quick hitch my finish mowers and brush mowers the top link couldn't swing through to let the mowers float through uneven terrain, so all the mowers would have needed modified for that as well.
I gave the quick hitch to my dad. He never used it either. Same issues.

Same experience here; bought it, tried it, set it aside.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #8  
I do not have extendable arms, but love my quick hitch. Spent some time adapting implements, but once I did, have not regretted it, and have forgotten about the time it took to adapt each one to it, but I also have to tools to make modifications easier.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #9  
I've owned Pat's plus two different cheaper styles of QH and currently have a Landpride full sized QH. All of the QHs have created issues for me with the drive shaft for PTO powered equipment being to short after adding the QH. I had extendable arms on a L3240 and they fixed most hitching issues which I almost always do by myself. Hitching is much easier with two people. I had a B2650 last year and I'm not saying it didn't have extendable arms but I wouldn't say it did either. You may want to check that to make sure. My nephew bought a utility L of the smallest size for about the same price as my B2650 and I thought I might like his L better than my B.
I now have several Harbour Freight $8 dollies that I drop my stuff on and then back up ot my paved barn and roll the implement tot he Landpride quick hitch and easy peasy.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #10