Pole Barn Lighting Options

/ Pole Barn Lighting Options
I used Hyperlight, lighting. Very impressed with the output. These are rated for wet conditions too, though the barn is bone dry. I will have to wait on any longevity claims.

/ Pole Barn Lighting Options #34  
Looks real good.

I helped a friend build a shop this past December through completion this spring.

He went with the 8' led lights kids. Like $180 or so on Amazon for a 12 pack. I think they were 10-12k lumens each.

His shop was 30x56....and we did 3 runs the length of the building.....6 in a ach run for a total of 18.

And I can say it's one of the brightest shops I have been in. And only about $270 in lighting. Yes leds have came along way
31454.jpeg

/ Pole Barn Lighting Options
Looks real good.

I helped a friend build a shop this past December through completion this spring.

He went with the 8' led lights kids. Like $180 or so on Amazon for a 12 pack. I think they were 10-12k lumens each.

His shop was 30x56....and we did 3 runs the length of the building.....6 in a ach run for a total of 18.

And I can say it's one of the brightest shops I have been in. And only about $270 in lighting. Yes leds have came along wayView attachment 762581
My concern about the cheaper LEDs was RF interference with my door remotes etc. Ive read of real issues with those??

/ Pole Barn Lighting Options #36  
I like the LED lights in my garage, but the FM radio doesn't work when they are on, and the remote won't open the garage door if the lights are on.

/ Pole Barn Lighting Options #37  
I wired my 36 x 50 x 12 pole barn this spring. I certainly didn’t overdo it with the lighting, but what I installed works very well. The main space has (3) overhead ceramic fixtures, in which I installed 60 watt eq LED bulbs (Walmart had those on sale for $ 3 for a 4-pack). The main space also has a 100 watt eq LED on a garage door opener up top.

I installed (2) 4 ft LED’s in the 12 x 20 x 7.5 woodshop and (1) in the 12 x 10 x 7.5 metal shop that I built under the post and beam loft that I built inside the pole barn. Those little LED’s light up those shops extremely well.

I only have 45 amps running to the barn (including a 30 amp main from the house box to a sub panel in the barn and another 15 amps to an outside outlet under the barn porch), so I went light on the lighting. That left plenty of power for a small welder and some other power tools. I can even run the AC on my camper, that I keep in there, plugged into a 20 amp outlet, with all those lights on. That came in handy, during a few heat waves this summer.

The LED’s are amazing compared to the fluorescent fixtures I had in my old shop. Way more light, less power, and instant light even when the start up temperature is below zero.

226D7071-6256-4B6A-9F1C-29704F666566.jpeg

4D61B4BB-3356-44D3-866B-D32252580011.jpeg

0A05ED61-C605-46E0-9C70-3D45A0CFE86C.jpeg

/ Pole Barn Lighting Options #38  
These would be dandy in your ceramic fixtures.

1663291650616.png

/ Pole Barn Lighting Options #39  
These would be dandy in your ceramic fixtures.

View attachment 762716
I will ask my wife to get me some of those for Christmas. There is some junk in the back corner of the barn, that I’d like to sort thru this winter, and that extra light would be good for that.

02C3B906-F3C0-45D5-ABD3-201FD645449E.jpeg
I also plan on enclosing the back porch, where I installed another ceramic fixture. The second one will make the lighting a lot better in there, than the single 60 watt eq that’s out there now.

Last edited:
   / Pole Barn Lighting Options #40  
My concern about the cheaper LEDs was RF interference with my door remotes etc. Ive read of real issues with those??
He hasn't had any issues with with his liftmaster door openers and even FM radio.

I put 4 of these Real Work Lighting™ 48 In my 20x32 little garage that I built this summer. Its plenty bright and while I have no radio, I have had no issues at all with the door opener remote working with the lights on.

Those are 48" 10k lumen.....and I think its about the perfect amount of light. A little over 60 lumen per sq ft. Which is about half the lumen/sq ft as my buddies shop that I posted pic of above