New tractor Grease Question

/ New tractor Grease Question #21  
Got my girl a tractor 🚜 and she bought me this grease set up

Go big or go home is her motto .

Texas Refinery Corp Paragon 3000. It’s the only grease my 2000 New Holland has ever seen .

View attachment 745139
How interesting to see Lock n Lube has now knocked off or rebranded the grease bucket from South Africa. Buying grease by the 5 gallon pail makes grease so much less expensive and the waste goes nearly to zero. No scraping out tubes to get the stuff that squeezed past the plunger, no forgetting to lock the plunger back so it doesn't ooze onto the shop floor, & almost no grease on my clothes because I don't change grease tubes.

Life is good.

Attachments

• Grease Bucket LocknLube.jpg
    Grease Bucket LocknLube.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
   / New tractor Grease Question #22  
Grease with moly is preferred for bushings on loader.
90cummins

/ New tractor Grease Question #24  
I always buy and use the Lucas xtra heavy duty grease and I use it on everything that needs grease...
Lucas is also a polyurea grease but it's not shear stable like John Deere's. So it isn't compatible with other types greases. I believe JD grease is re-branded Mobil Polyrex EP 2.

All I want is the original factory-filled grease that came with my Branson.....but that information is elusive.

/ New tractor Grease Question #25  
The website "Bob is the oil guy" has tons of scientific data on oils and greases if you really want to geek out on it, but it's not really hyper critical for a CUT. Any grease rated EP (extreme pressure) will be fine for the loader joints. I use Schafer's 219 for my tractor loader, and Mystik JT-6 High-Temp for all my general purpose greasing around the shop. It's a tractor, don't over-think it. The only problem I've ever ran into related to grease and tractors/equipment is never lubing anything at all until something totally fails. ANY grease is better than NO grease! I generally grease my loader joints each time I refuel the tractor. Only takes a couple minutes.

/ New tractor Grease Question #26  
For me it has to say SYNTHETIC or I don't buy.

willy

/ New tractor Grease Question #27  
For me it has to say SYNTHETIC or I don't buy.

willy
do you also only buy the container that is 3 times as expensive as anything else on the shelve? for grease that is going to flow out of the joint without much heat generated i do not see the point of synthetic, IMO it is more important to keep some grease in there and for it to transport contaminates out of the joint then having some ultra stable ultra slippery magic sauce in there. now when it comes to my truck engine i tend to use synthetic in that.

/ New tractor Grease Question #28  
Grease is basically a little bit of oil mixed into a whole lot of soap as a carrier. The type of oil doesn't matter as much as the type of soap that the oil is suspended in. Some types of grease mix OK together, but mix the wrong ones and a chemical reaction makes them become hard as dried clay.
It cleans out with a little work. Sometimes you have to take the joint apart and chisel or scrape it out.
No biggie.
JD sells a green grease that is compatible with most others.
rScotty