New shop under construction

/ New shop under construction #1  

AlbertC

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 3930
After many years of wanting a shop and going back and forth about getting a steel building or stick built, I finally started on my shop in December, 2022. It is 40 by 60 by 12 ft high, 2 by 6 construction. Here’s some picks as of today. Still a lot to do but getting there.
4E34DE98-17D2-4A07-A2F3-57E48892913C.jpeg
64D2D3CB-39CB-4B78-963B-B14FEC92D30B.jpeg
51B868CB-9187-4FC5-BC02-26E2366D3A21.jpeg

/ New shop under construction #2  
Wow - looks great! When you're done, please come up to NH and build the exact same thing for me!

/ New shop under construction #3  
Awesome!!! Thanks for starting this thread. We love to watch people build stuff. Great pics!!!!

/ New shop under construction #4  
Cannot wait to see it finished!

/ New shop under construction #5  
Very nice, very nice

/ New shop under construction #6  
So what is the planned work for your shop? Wood, metal or tractors? I was like you wanting a shop at the home site, so when we bought property, a shop was also built after the house, and garage. Jon

/ New shop under construction
So what is the planned work for your shop? Wood, metal or tractors? I was like you wanting a shop at the home site, so when we bought property, a shop was also built after the house, and garage. Jon
I mostly just do a little woodworking and general tinkering. It will also house my truck and lawn equipment etc. The left side (13 by 40 ft.)of the shop is broken into three rooms. The largest area will house a small kitchen area because my wife likes to can vegetables, etc. The middle area will just be a room for my wife to do some of the crafts that she enjoys and the third room will be storage area so that we can clean out our attic and some of our closets that contain things like Christmas decorations, etc.

We built our house on this property 10 years ago and had planned on starting the shop earlier but just didn’t get around to it. But last year I decided that I had waited long enough.

/ New shop under construction #9  
I mostly just do a little woodworking and general tinkering. It will also house my truck and lawn equipment etc. The left side (13 by 40 ft.)of the shop is broken into three rooms. The largest area will house a small kitchen area because my wife likes to can vegetables, etc. The middle area will just be a room for my wife to do some of the crafts that she enjoys and the third room will be storage area so that we can clean out our attic and some of our closets that contain things like Christmas decorations, etc.

We built our house on this property 10 years ago and had planned on starting the shop earlier but just didn’t get around to it. But last year I decided that I had waited long enough.
Your only regret will be waiting so long. 😎

/ New shop under construction #10  
Nice! I see 2 full rows of blocking in the walls - why so much for 12' walls?