New Metal shop

/ New Metal shop
Jeff that is so close to what I have in mind, I was considering using EMT because it is metal and I think would be better but I have about 10 sticks of 1/2 inch PVC conduit laying behind my shop I can use instead of buying. I see you used some MC cable and some EMT I may use some PVC and some EMT will know more when I have the building up. Thanks for the pictures

/ New Metal shop
20221106_163627.jpg working on gravel and forms will have the concrete pad before long

/ New Metal shop #13  
Yep, most of the boxes aluminum flex, and fittings I had left over from when I wired my pole barn up north had to buy a few emt sticks though, definitely not a good emt bender so I ran flex to the existing panel in my old barn, Another thing I considered when I used emt Is believe you don't have to run a separate ground wire back to the panel that's feeding your circuits just jumpers from the outlet to the outlet box provided your emt is properly grounded to the panel. Disclaimer "Im not a licensed electrician".

Last edited:
   / New Metal shop
Concrete coming tomorrow, no word on the building yet.

/ New Metal shop #15  
Quick question are you planning to put sillseal in between the slab and baseplate? I had some lying around used it and glad I did as of now, really helps keep water out and bugs I presume. However I'm unsure if it will eventually rust and perforate the galvanized baseplate due to moisture being trapped? So far nothing.

/ New Metal shop
Jeff I told to run a bead of caulk before setting the building and I was going to ask here what type should I use for metal to concrete?

/ New Metal shop #17  
If I didn't have left over sil seal lying around I probably would have used pl400 or a urethane based sealant/ caulk. But good question.

/ New Metal shop #18  
I run a thick bead of PL 375 Construction Adhesive under my sill plates. It's like Liquid Nails, but better. I've used Silicone too, but I've seen ants get through the silicone, and I don't think silicone bonds to the concrete very well.

/ New Metal shop
I run a thick bead of PL 375 Construction Adhesive under my sill plates. It's like Liquid Nails, but better. I've used Silicone too, but I've seen ants get through the silicone, and I don't think silicone bonds to the concrete very well.
I will look for some when I make a trip to town, Thanks

/ New Metal shop #20  
Yep, most of the boxes aluminum flex, and fittings I had left over from when I wired my pole barn up north had to buy a few emt sticks though, definitely not a good emt bender so I ran flex to the existing panel in my old barn, Another thing I considered when I used emt Is believe you don't have to run a separate ground wire back to the panel that's feeding your circuits just jumpers from the outlet to the outlet box provided your emt is properly grounded to the panel. Disclaimer "Im not a licensed electrician".
i would not recommend using the conduit as the ground, if the conduit becomes non-continuous then the case of the equipment can then become energized and make you the ground. I am an electrical engineer PE