milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #31  
TTC just rated the Hercules 1/2" battery powered impact above all of them, Milwaukee included and at 1/2 the cost. Go watch and learn.

Yeah and it is from Harbor Freight so parts and batteries may not be around a year or two from now, Milwaukee is long term.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #32  
Before buying, check out 'Torque Test Channel' on YouTube. They do all kinds of tests on every type of impact wrench (and tons of other things). You'll find all you need to know to make a good decision.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #33  
I don't see where the OP has chimed back in. He may just be waiting to see if his wife puts one of them in his Easter basket...

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #34  
Yeah and it is from Harbor Freight so parts and batteries may not be around a year or two from now, Milwaukee is long term.
Not really but you can believe what you want to. The Herc has a 5 year unconditional guarantee on it Milwaukee don't and the Herc can be exchanged for new or a refund at any HF store. Try that with Lowes or Home Despot and Milwaukee.

Besides, the Herc is 1/2 the price and whips the Gen 3 Milwaukee.

Your choice. I know what mine is.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #35  
I have the bigger Milwaukee and I don’t think the smaller would work on many many things. I work on a backhoe regularly with this thing and it’s amazing.

We use the smaller impacts for hvac and the Hercules has come a long way, but it definitely fails more than Milwaukee

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #36  
I look at it this way....

Both the Milwaukee and the Herc are made in China so that is a wash.
The Herc has a 5 year money back guarantee or exchange at ANY HF store.
The Milwaukee is ONE YEAR guarantee and a refund or exchage depends on the retailer's policy.
The Herc out performs the Milwaukee Gen 3 (see TTC's unbiased testing)
The Herc is 1/2 the cost of the Milwaukee.

Finally, not buying either because I prefer air powered impacts and my Thor whips them all, hands down.

Your money. I know what I'd get and I'll leave it at that.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #37  
I have the bigger Milwaukee and I don’t think the smaller would work on many many things. I work on a backhoe regularly with this thing and it’s amazing.

We use the smaller impacts for hvac and the Hercules has come a long way, but it definitely fails more than Milwaukee
Not really germane because the refund/exchange is much easier if it fails. No Milwaukee tools here and won't be. It's a matter of economics with me.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #38  
I got into Milwaukee battery operated soon after they started with the LiOn batteries. The first one that I bought, probably about 2010 or earlier, was a Milwaukee M4 4-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/4 in. Cordless Hex Screwdriver w/ 1 battery and charger. They were on sale for $20@, I bought 5, one for each of my children and me.
Should have bought 20. The one I kept still works. Milwaukee still sells them.

But I'm an addict of DeWalt 20V, 20V max, FlexVolt, and the older 18V (I've an adapter for 20V/Flexvolt tools and have about 4K invested in them). Been using them for about 12 years or so. Was pleased when they came out with the FlexVolt line and the batteries are compatible with virtually all my 20V line.

When HF came out with their Lynxx 40V I bought some of their tools, pole saw, chainsaw and a couple of batteries.
Really liked both. Both worked well. Then they discontinued the line.
Will HF do the same with Bauer? with Hercules? with Atlas?

/edit - my Milwaukee M4, that I paid $20 for is now going for about $180.

Last edited:
   / milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #39  
impact_row.jpg

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #40  
My 24V Kobalt Lithium tools work better than my 18V Milwaukees: Much lighter, especially with the larger batteries. The lithiums give me constant torque up to the end rather than diminishing power during use. Good example is changing out all 4 snow tires on my cars & truck.

Hum - you are using a impact wrench to torque the lug nuts on your cars wheels ?

Not a good practice.