milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #21  
I realize it's marketing hype, but I'd really like to see any 1/2" drive component that can transmit 1200 foot pounds of torque, loosening or otherwise, without failing in a rather spectacular fashion.
Unbelievable what cordless tools can do these days !

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #22  
   / milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #23  
   / milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #24  
I love my 18v 1/2" Milwaukee. I'm not tasked with anything over 1.25" and hopefully don't bust anything off. It is awesome for travel for trailer tires and average Joe stuff. Way better than any Air Impacts I have or had over the years. But I can certainly appreciate the need for something more monsterous for on the farm or for construction equipment etc.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #25  
I don't know the model #, but my Son has a 1/2" Milwaukee 18V that will either remove the auto lug nut or twist the bolt off. Damnedest thing I've ever watched in action. He cautions against using normal sockets because it will split them.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #26  
My Milwaukee M18 impact is so old,,,
(How old is it!!??)
It is so old, that I bought it at LOWES, when they still carried Milwaukee!!

That said, it is good, but, nothing like the torque monsters of today.
I still will not replace it, I simply have not found a need for the crazy high torque of the new ones.

If my torque wrench will not turn it, I get out the 3/4" drive socket set.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #28  
My rule of thumb is if I’m going to replace a tool I try to get the biggest, most powerful or best out there at the time, within reason, of course. If I were in your position I would definitely get the 1/2” M18 latest/ greatest torque version.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #29  
My rule of thumb is if I’m going to replace a tool I try to get the biggest, most powerful or best out there at the time, within reason, of course. If I were in your position I would definitely get the 1/2” M18 latest/ greatest torque version.
It seems the older we get the more we think long term. Kind of an oxymoron... :)

I'm the same way two bit. When looking at a purchase I almost always step up a model beyond what I think I need.

Replaced a broken Milwaukee drill yesterday. My nearly new broken model # is no longer produced but still inventory to be had. I skipped over it and bought the newer model. Cost me an extra $20.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #30  
TTC just rated the Hercules 1/2" battery powered impact above all of them, Milwaukee included and at 1/2 the cost. Go watch and learn.