milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #11  
I base all my air and cordless tools on what Torque Test Channel (on YT) rates them at. They have very sophisticated and high tech measuring equipment and ALWAYS provide an unbiased view. Not only do they do cordless tools but air line tools as well as hand tools and torque wrenches.

You'll find the Astro Pneumatic Thor, 1/2" air impact at the top of their ranking lists for not only power, but longevity under use and...

The hallowed Milwaukee cordless tools (ITW), aren't all that good compared to the new generations of others like Rigid (which is also ITW). You need to see who produces them and where before spending the money, I do.

Keep in mind where Milwaukee cordless tools are made, and it's not here either.

The new HF cordless blue 1/2" impact lays waste to all of them for about 1/2 the cost.

Go watch and absorb and then buy as an informed purchaser.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #12  
I have both air impacts and Milwaukee cordless impacts... Milwaukee's gets the most use hands down simply because they will do the job and much quicker to use, plus I don't have to drag around an air hoses.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #13  
My 24V Kobalt Lithium tools work better than my 18V Milwaukees: Much lighter, especially with the larger batteries. The lithiums give me constant torque up to the end rather than diminishing power during use. Good example is changing out all 4 snow tires on my cars & truck.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #14  
I spent the extra when I purchased mine and got the 1400 lbs I don't regret it. about a year ago I was at a local tire shop waiting my turn and was observing the tech having trouble getting several lug nuts off he had the owner out there and they were discussing different ways they could try. I asked the owner if he wanted me to break the lugs for him and he said his big impact was broken and if I thought I could then do it I could tell he didn't think I could but that Milwaukee didn't have a problem. the one I have is variable torque also. It stays in my truck all the time and I have helped several people that had a flat on the side of the road.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #15  
The one thing about ANY cordless tool is. Find out who makes them and then compare them cost wise. ITW makes a ton of stuff, many brands, many cost platforms.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #16  
I have the older high-torque model and its my go-to wrench. Absolute game changer to me. One thing to keep in mind is that the higher torque unit has a power setting so that you have a little control over the impact speed/power. This wrench inspired me to change to Milwaukee tools, but not all are as superior as the 1/2" impact.

BTW - I started with a 1/2" Ryobi impact. That is not impressive at all.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #17  
Mine is the older one with supposedly 1200 pounds of loosening torque, I use it most of the time rather then the air wrenches.
I realize it's marketing hype, but I'd really like to see any 1/2" drive component that can transmit 1200 foot pounds of torque, loosening or otherwise, without failing in a rather spectacular fashion.

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #18  
I realize it's marketing hype, but I'd really like to see any 1/2" drive component that can transmit 1200 foot pounds of torque, loosening or otherwise, without failing in a rather spectacular fashion.
Tune into Torque Test Channel and watch.....

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #19  
Was looking at getting the M18 2962 mid torque, 650ft lb. My air impact is 750 ft lb and has always done everything i needed. Obviously, theres a part of me that says no, get the 2767 for a few dollars more that has 1400 ft lbs. It also weighs 50% more. It isnt for daily use, just fixing things when needed and figured a battery powered one might be easier if the tractor was in the field so i dont have to take an air tank and all. Anyone else get a mid torque and find it was not enough tool?
Get the big one now, or wish you did and buy it later to replace the one you bought today.....

/ milwaukee battery 1/2" impact question #20  
Aren't the new 2767 impacts problematic anyways? It was a redesign that went bad. Or did they fix that? Personally the midsize seems like the way to go if the 750 he has does what he wants to do anyways.