Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries

/ Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
For anyone using the Milwaukee M18 system of cordless tools, Home Depot has a sale going on. You can get a M18 12 AH battery, an M18 6 AH battery and one of their rapid chargers for $249. Both batteries are the newer, high-output style, so tools which can take advantage of it can draw power at a higher rate, producing more torque. If you use Milwaukee M18 tools and don't already have a Rapid Charger, get one. Milwaukee claims they will charge up to 40% faster. I've seen a few YouTube videos that verify that claim.

M18 18-Volt High Output Battery Pack 12.0 Ah and Rapid Charger With Free 6.0 Ah Battery

I've been drooling over the new larger batteries for a while now, but put off buying hoping for just such a sale. The Home Depot in my area showed 8 of them in stock, but I couldn't find any. After going through 2 different HD employees (both of whom tried to sell me a 2 pack of the 6 AH batteries without the charger for the same price), the third finally found the package I was looking for - three aisles from where you'd expect it, and up on a top shelf out of reach. (I commented, "Gee, you really don't want to sell these, do you?) If you have similar difficulties, ask them to look for Home Depot sku# 1003306566. (It's Milwaukee part #48-59-1200P). You can also order them online and have them shipped to you (free shipping)

Last edited:
   / Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries #2  
For anyone using the Milwaukee M18 system of cordless tools, Home Depot has a sale going on. You can get a M18 12 AH battery, an M18 6 AH battery and one of their rapid chargers for $249...

Perhaps it is a local item or sale is over. The link shows a price of $398.00.

/ Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries #3  

Not for me

(copy/paste from the link)

Milwaukee
M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion High Output Battery Pack 12.0 Ah and Rapid Charger Starter Kit With Free 6.0 Ah Battery
4.9 out of 5
(83) Write a Review
Questions & Answers (11)
Includes: M18 12AH & 6AH Battery & Rapid Charger
50% more runtime, most work/charge of any power tool battery
Fully compatible with the M18 System, featuring over 175+ tools

$249.00

/ Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries #4  
100% location based. Memphis area is $398. Changed my store to Knoxville and I see $249. I was able to complete the order and have it shipped to my house without it reverting. I ended up grabbing two sets for that price.

/ Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries #5  
   / Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries #6  
Got a 12 AH with 6’s saw. Can’t say I would want that hanging off any of my other m18 tools, the sucker is huge and as heave as it is HUGE.

/ Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries
Got a 12 AH with 6’s saw. Can’t say I would want that hanging off any of my other m18 tools, the sucker is huge and as heave as it is HUGE.

That 12 AH battery certainly is big and heavy. Even the 6 AH battery is physically larger than my 5.0 and smaller batteries. I'll use it on my 7 1/4" circular saw, and probably on my Sawzall. If I ever get one of their chainsaws (a distinct possibility) or their compound miter saws (less likely - I'll probably go corded when our current cheap one bites the dust), I'd use it as a spare on that as well. It's certainly not something I anticipate using on one of my drills or impact drivers - though I'll probably use the 6 AH battery there. Fortunately, the 6 AH battery will still fit - just barely - in the carrying case for my combo hammer drill and hex impact driver when mounted on the drill. I haven't tried it or the 12 AH battery in my sawzall case.

/ Good deal on large capacity Milwaukee M18 Cordless tool batteries

My site on Home Depot goes to the Williston, VT store. It still shows as $249 there. I'm glad you mentioned the price difference, and that Richard checked in his area. It never occurred to me that Home Depot offers sales in one area that aren't offered in another. It makes me wonder what deals I've missed over the years that just weren't marketed in my area.