MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #31  
I did a quick internet search but didn't see where anybody else has had this problem. Hopefully the welder was just having a bad day and forgot to finish what he started. If it was me I'd be a bit leery after repairing it, but certainly wouldn't give up the tractor.

Unless it turned out to be a recurring problem.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #32  
I have the Fl 2611 manual. It’s just a few pages, not a repair manual, so I didn’t that detail would be in it. I‘ll see if it has bracket mounting instructions in it.
Ya, I have never seen what Massey gives for owners manuals. The Kubota one for my loader shows all the parts and is basically the instructions on how to install everything on the tractor.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #33  
And don't let anyone try and blame you with operator abuse.....because relief valves should open in the hydraulic system before it could ever break itself lifting something.

And what REALLY ANGERS ME about this, is all these Manufacturers have no problem raising prices, then raising them some more, and then giving us absolute JUNK.

I know it will never happen, but I wish everyone would stop buying all this new junk, just for a little while and then see what happens.
Just keep in mind that the relief valve will only protect the tractor when the lever is being operated, either lifting, curling, dumping and lowering.

Once the lever goes back to neutral, there isn't any protection at all, so ramming full team to a pile or driving with nearly max load on the loader with the loader bouncing up and down can put a lot of stress on things really fast. Usually wheel seals give the first sign.

With this, I'm not saying the OP abused or not the loader. No one really knows. Yes that thing started breaking a while ago but that's about it. Then, if it was common, I think we would ear more about it.

Another point is that manufacturers got rid of the support bar that used to go to the front of tractor for some reason, costs most likely. This would spread the load through a lot more area instead of concentrating everything in the middle of the tractor. As people start putting hours in their tractors, I won't be surprised if we see more cases of cracking loader mount on any brand really.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #34  
call massey's customer relations and show them the pics..they will more than likely replace it because it isnt theirs and they will make alo pay for it...especially with only 140 hours on it

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #36  
From this photo, IMO, it appears the steel failed due to the missed weld or poorly penetrated weld on the topside of the photo, which may be towards the rear tire. As evidenced by the rust in the steel line AND the delaminated paint at that location, that steel has been cracked like that for some time.
I would take a closer look at the joint/weld seam towards the rear. If it is a poor weld the tubular mount was relying on three sides rather than the designed four sides.

Hopefully a failed/improper weld caused this on both sides, glad no one/property was hurt/damaged. At any rate, if you are in the US, this should probably be reported to www.recalls.gov if the weld is bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_045612_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_045612_Chrome.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 202
   / MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #37  
I never really looked at the modern loader frames. I didn't know they made some with no nose bar. The nose bar on my Farm Hand loader would stop that from ever happening. Mine looks like this one, just not as pretty.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 257
   / MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #38  
Be interesting to find out where the steel comes from...China?

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #39  
I am assuming it is broke on one side not both? I cannot say for sure but this had to be bad from new small crack to start with and took a while to work its way down and finally failed? It is fixable with proper grinding and i would put in plates on both sides for more support and do the same to the other side. Going to take some welding and repositioning, If i was close i could
help you fix it ! Also to add go where you bought it and have it replaced at there cost If they give you any problem about this crack had been there when you bought it, Take it to someone in your area, they can look at it and tell by the break if it was a failure from the start !! And not to worry about some saying if you get it fixed to be cautious, Fixed and welded up with new plates on both sides of the loader arm will be stronger than new, I would check the other side also to see if there is and evidence of a crack in weld or any place else. These things can be over looked at the factory, and this was !!

Last edited:
   / MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #40  
I wouldn't trust those anymore even if welded, personally.. I would, however, be temped to reinforce any replacements.
Good Morning Midniteoyl,
Im totally on board with that statement ! That is totally unacceptable IMO !

Not much of an advertisement is it ?

To the OP, Doug 62,best of luck getting this resolved !