MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #73  
Chains, come along, welding machine are in order.
No. That metal has yielded past the point of 'strain hardening' and should not be considered for anything other than an anchor. New metal in the form of a manufactured bracket is the only proper answer.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #74  
One thing that is immediately clear is that the loader was still being used heavily for a good while after the first cracks began, haha.

I'm not sure most of us would know to inspect for cracks in obscure areas of the loader subframe. But it sure would have been better to discover the cracks before the entire mount failed.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #75  
Some factory welds aren't all that great. Here's a picture of factory welds on a TS rear blade that let loose.

Attachments

• IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
   / MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #76  
I looked at Massey, Kubota and Mahrinda. Before buying my TYM. TYM are build much heavier. I had a TYM 394 upgraded to a 494.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #77  
Was moving dirt today when all of the sudden my loader started going down all by itself. This was crazy looking. You can see in the photos that the loader sub frame View attachment 802798 gave way on both sides. It appears to be either bad welds or cheap metal. Either way, it’s nuts that it would do this with only 140 hours on it.
Am I missing something here. Aren't there suppose to be a brace on each side that goes for the loader mount to the front of the tractor frame for support? The brace behind the hydraulic piston on the photo I have attached
IMG_1654.jpg

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #78  
That sucks. The issue is not the steel or the design. It's the build.

The pictures aren't the clearest, but it looks like the top weld on both brackets was misplaced, with little-to-no penetration on the tractor side of the joint. Jig or programming problem if it was a robotic welder, which a lot of them are nowadays. Yours are likely not the first ones that AGCO has seen with the issue, and I suspect you won't have a problem getting free replacements that are welded correctly. I wouldn't bother fixing those ones. As has already been mentioned in this thread, the metal all around that failure is going to be severely compromised.

I recently had a bit of experience with this exact issue on the other end of my tractor... CB85 Backhoe boom arm split

I'm not sure who makes the backhoes, but poorly located welds on workpieces are really showing the weak point of robotic welding vs skilled tradesmen.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #79  
No. That metal has yielded past the point of 'strain hardening' and should not be considered for anything other than an anchor. New metal in the form of a manufactured bracket is the only proper answer.
Plates over welded up cracks and tears, weld more bracing. The one that says it can't be done needs to stay out of the way of the one that's doing it

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #80  
Interesting. Do you happen to have a diagram how this works? I always thought when the spool is centered it closes all other ports off so no way for the relief to work.
It appears that aircommuter is talking about relief valves for the hydraulic circuit, not the individual valves. In another life I was a marine engieer in commercil fishing. all our valves had built in reliefs that functioned when the valve was actuated. when in the neutral position the relief was inactive. This was essential. Now on a few systems such as a crab pot hauler or a trawl net reel, there was an additional relief built into the system (not the valve) to allow for vessel surge when the valve controlling the hauler or reel was in neutral.