KFI plow updates

/ KFI plow updates
Hey if it works good on you , If it was me I probably would have tried to reconfigure a way to use a heavier duty spring on the plow tilt latching mechanism, having experienced how much those plows vibrate and jump around on the tilt swivel. I'm kind of intrigued a 6' plow blade does not seem to hold up well with the tilt mechanism. Going on third winter with my 5' kfi plow and it's held up really well so far.
Jeff, I believe you are referring to the plow angle lock pin? Not the blade trip system.

/ KFI plow updates #42  
Jeff, I believe you are referring to the plow angle lock pin? Not the blade trip system.
Correct, nothing to do with the spring trip, I looked at your mod like I said if it works that's great. Off the angle adjustment topic, If you have a similar kfi plow as me there are multiple pitch/ depth adjustments to increase and reduce the amount of force it takes to engage your trip springs maybe you won't have to run as many trip springs to make your plow trip less? if you want I'll take a picture on my current setup and adjustment holes I used.

Last edited:
   / KFI plow updates
Correct, nothing to do with the spring trip, I looked at your mod like I said if it works that's great. Off the angle adjustment topic, If you have a similar kfi plow as me there are multiple pitch/ depth adjustments to increase and reduce the amount of force it takes to engage your trip springs maybe you won't have to run as many trip springs to make your plow trip less? if you want I'll take a picture on my current setup and adjustment holes I used.
I've tested the new setup 2 or 3 times now and seems that its good to go. Jeff, do take a picture and post it here. How old is your kfi plow?

/ KFI plow updates #44  
I've tested the new setup 2 or 3 times now and seems that its good to go. Jeff, do take a picture and post it here. How old is your kfi plow?
Will do when I venture out to shop, 3 yrs old I believe best plow for an ATV I've owned in my experience. I've owned a few both name brands and off brand Chinese junk.

/ KFI plow updates #45  
It seems the distance between the center point of the plow pivot and the angle lock pin are pretty close which would add force to the pin. If the pivot and pin were further apart, the force applied to the pin would be less.

/ KFI plow updates #46  
Here's the adjustment holes I've used for blade pitch with welded pipe, probably replace it this spring with new pipe I'll spend the few extra bucks and buy hardcoating rod, probably do it once and done. Another thing I'll probably do is weld the spring loops shut they are starting to deform. Like I said almost three seasons using it and no major problems on a 1k' driveway plus 1/4 mile road to Xmas trees during season. Any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• KIMG1576.JPG
    KIMG1576.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 69
  • KIMG1580.JPG
    KIMG1580.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • KIMG1578.JPG
    KIMG1578.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
   / KFI plow updates
I have my blade back stop limiter bolts installed in about the same location as you do. My trip springs attachment hook bolts don"t seem to be stressed to the point of being bent.. My blade does trip. :unsure:

/ KFI plow updates #48  
I have my blade back stop limiter bolts installed in about the same location as you do. My trip springs attachment hook bolts don"t seem to be stressed to the point of being bent.. My blade does trip. :unsure:
I have a 5' plow hard for me to believe an extra foot would over tax the pivot or trip mechanism. Like it did to yours, like I said only running two oem trip springs and none of my holes are egging out in the angle adjustment at times I'm pushing heavy wet snow mostly with blade angled. However I do use my tractor to push banks back when they start encroaching the plowed roads? When I used atv to plow up by you I always had to ramp banks to push snow farther out of the way. With a blower it definitely eliminated that and probably extra wear and tear on plow?

/ KFI plow updates #49  
Also I've probably mentioned this a thousand times but welding a pipe to cutting edge virtually eliminated hard impacts which I used to feel how hard that is on the plow and plow vehicle even with trip springs.

/ KFI plow updates #50  
Ahh is that what there called? If you look at all the possible holes it can either angle the blade forward or rake it back have to adjust spring tension accordingly to the stopper bolts imo. Because of your problems I will monitor my plow more closely, Anyways my kfi plow works great, best of luck