KFI plow updates

/ KFI plow updates
We have snow in our forecast and got the 6x6 back in operation so the plow will need go back on today for testing.

/ KFI plow updates
I got it on late today along with a strap on the winch for lifting purposes and discovered the angle holes I made were off..... and the blade hits the pods. :(:cry::unsure:😟☹️😖 Feel free to call me stupid for not testing it before drilling them.

/ KFI plow updates #33  
Imo stupid entails sitting on your ace complaining about the problems your having with it vs actually doing something to mod or repair definitely not stupid its learning imo.

/ KFI plow updates #34  
Arly, my wife usually just calls me a dumb a$$ lol. If we got everything perfect the 1st time around life would be darn boring, it’s how we learn👍👍

/ KFI plow updates #35  
If the blade is hitting the pods you could extend the blade out a bit more to clear the them. Especially if you like the present angle.

/ KFI plow updates
We just have modest snow in the forecast but I'm working full days which makes is hard to get home and tear this machine apart to drill new holes. Must take day off. :p

/ KFI plow updates
I did get it apart today and I'll get it welded or corrected asap. Not enough snow in the forecast to worry about..

/ KFI plow updates
Got it together today and modestly tested. It worked great! (y) In these photos, you can see my new and goofy angle lock pin. The original only one was .5 inch and held down with a light weight spring. Since I went to 5/8 and couldn't use the original spring, I thought I'd try gravity. It needed to stick out enough for me to grab so all those nuts were added for extra weight. You can see we switched to a flat tow belt for plow lift.
P1140652.jpg
P1140655.jpg
P1140656.jpg
P1140658.jpg

Last edited:
   / KFI plow updates #40  
Hey if it works good on you , If it was me I probably would have tried to reconfigure a way to use a heavier duty spring on the plow tilt latching mechanism, having experienced how much those plows vibrate and jump around on the tilt swivel. I'm kind of intrigued a 6' plow blade does not seem to hold up well with the tilt mechanism. Going on third winter with my 5' kfi plow and it's held up really well so far.